By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Really now, what platform do people think FFXIII will sell better on?

Easily ps3. If I had to take a guess, the numbers would look like this:

Japan: 2-2.5 million ps3
Europe: 1.5 million ps3, almost 1 million 360
North America: 1 million ps3, 1.5 million 360

Making it around 4.5-5 million on ps3, and 2.5 million on 360.

Around the Network

PS3 without a doubt. Anyone who says otherwise needs their head checking...

PS3-
Japan - 2million
EU - 1.25million
NA - 1million

360-
Japan - zip
EU - 750k
NA - 1.1million

PS3 version outsells 360 version 2:1 +

What is the usual attach rate for the Final Fantasy games in Japan? Some of these guesses have them at around 2 thirds of the current number of PS3s.

@ OP - It's PS3 exclusive in Japan, therefore the PS3 version will sell more

Does it really matter that the game is exclusive in Japan? I really cannot see the 360 version selling anywhere close to the PS3 version if both released in Japan day and date.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
What is the usual attach rate for the Final Fantasy games in Japan? Some of these guesses have them at around 2 thirds of the current number of PS3s.

By the time FFXIII is out, the ps3 will proably have broken 4 million in Japan, and the game will probably sell a couple hundred thousand consoles the week it is released.

FFX managed to sell ~2 million the first week on an install base of ~5 million ps2s, a 40% attach ratio (not including hardware sales from the week of the game's release).  It sold over 3 million lifetime.  FFXIII could easily sell 1.6 million the first week on a ~4 million install base, and go on to sell over 2 million lifetime.

ps3
japan 2.3 million
na 2.1 million
others 1.8 million
total 6.2 million

xbox 360
japan 0 million
na 2.0 million
others 1.7 million
total 3.7 million

grand total 9.9 million

I think people want it to sell more on the 360 because of the online service but they know it sell more on the ps3. This series success in sales are not based on online service but the gameplay and amazing storyline. I think people know it will sell more on the PS3 than 360 because of the exclusivity the game has on the ps3 in japan. Also, the fact that the Final Fantasy series is most popular in Japan. Not to mention most popular RPG titles sell more in Japan than US and Others. Also another fact would be, PS3 hardware sales in Japan are slightly larger than the 360 hardware sales in Japan.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@snake612

why would people want it to sell on 360 more due to its online service?

your making no snese

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@snake612

why would people want it to sell on 360 more due to its online service?

your making no snese

Ignore this guy.  He's just trying to slander the competition.

Real Talk > UnReal Talk