By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Really now, what platform do people think FFXIII will sell better on?

Oh yes a thread which has been done to death therefore meaning one more will not hurt at all. The thread about the PR guy taking out his arse (IMO :O) was very interesting to say the least with peoples predictions on what console the game would sell best. As of now FFXIII releases in Japan, NA and EU for the PS3 and EU, NA for the 360 version. Break it down and predict the lifetime sales of said game on each platform, also add in Japan for 360 releasing day and date with the PS3 version just to balance it out.......yeah.

PS3 version:

Japan: 1.7 million

EU: 700k

NA: 1.1 million

WW = 3.5 million

360 version:

Japan: 300k

EU: 600k

NA: 1.3 million

WW = 2.2 million

Your turn :)

Around the Network

PS3, thats all that has to be said.

And it's exclusive in japan.

Well, I'm not sure that it will come true even so, but the guy wasn't necessarily saying such a stupid thing because he was responding to NPD, and so was obviously talking about American sales. I don't know how people could possibly miss that.

Anyway, I never make predictions, except that Versus won't go multiplatform!

On the ps3, this game will sell tons in Japan.

And most FF fans have a ps3 anyways...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

PS3:
Japan: 800k
NA: 1.2 mill
Europe: 600k

Xbox 360:
Japan: 280K
NA: 1.7 mill
Europe: 550K

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Well, I'm not sure that it will come true even so, but the guy wasn't necessarily saying such a stupid thing because he was responding to NPD, and so was obviously talking about American sales. I don't know how people could possibly miss that.

You sure about that? I never even bothered reading the PR trash talk but I have seen companies respond to NPD with WW sales numbers. Versus will go multiplatform of that there is no doubt, unless Nomura really has the power to tell Wada to go jump off a building himself which I would not doubt at all.

Come on. This is too easy.
Only the most blinded fanboy would say Xbox360.
So my guess is Wii. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

RPG said:
badgenome said:

You sure about that? I never even bothered reading the PR trash talk but I have seen companies respond to NPD with WW sales numbers. Versus will go multiplatform of that there is no doubt, unless Nomura really has the power to tell Wada to go jump off a building himself which I would not doubt at all.

I'm sure, because neither Resi5 nor SF4 for 360 outsold the PS3 versions worldwide, so they had to be referencing American sales.

DQ X on PS3 will be billions.

dude your way to low for FF13

FF13 will be BIGGER than FFX

a new FF on each new console always is BIG!"

PS3 version:

Japan: 2.1 million

EU: 1.2 Million

NA: 1.7 million

WW = 5.0 Million

360 version:

Japan: 300k

EU: 1 Million

NA: 2 Million

WW = 3.3 million

____

TOTAL a WHOPPING 8.3 Million for what will become one of the best games this gen!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey