By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Really now, what platform do people think FFXIII will sell better on?

I'm just throwing it out there:

Japan: 2m (System seller)
North America/Americas: 1.7m
EU- 850k

And this is on the PS3, where it will sell the most, in every region (yea, I went there)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

The SONY Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System's version will out sell the the 360 version by 2:1+

Quote me on this...

4 ≈ One

To everyone guessing 360 numbers for Japan; isn't it still exclusive there? Or did I just miss something?

@insomniac

no......we are doing that

JUST IN CASE it comes there for 360 too

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS3

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

So then shouldn't there be a prediction for if it remains exclusive in Japan as well? Surely that would cause PS3 sales of the game to be a bit higher at least.

darthdevidem01 said:
@insomniac

no......we are doing that

JUST IN CASE it comes there for 360 too

I very much doubt that.

Stranger things have happened Smashed, just have a look at all those exclusive 360 JRPG. :O

FFXIII is a game which I thought would do fine as an exclusive, as in 6 million fine. As a multi-plat game I see at most another million sales, after all people who have both systems will not buy the game on both systems.............I hope. :/

Japan will be almost 100% PS3 sales. 95% if they do a late port.

American sales will be at most 55% to 45% 360 to PS3 judging by previous sales of non-western / shooter franchises that appeared on both consoles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if PS3 version slightly outsells the 360 version in America because it took SE 2.5 years after 360 and 1.5 years after PS3 launched before the port was even announced.

Europe will probably be 60% PS3 and 40% 360.

PS3 is the obvious answer.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Ps3 of course the game is exclusive in Japan where it will get most sales 2 million atleast.