By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Faces Heat From Game Publishers

ameratsu said:
skip said:

The third party publishers themselves need to offer the consumer a price cut. Third party titles are ten dollars more than first party games in my country.

Don't the $70 games have to do with our low dollar? Early in the generation, ps3 games were definately $70 new, when our dollar was also fairly low.

it is due to the low dollar. But the fact still remains that sonys games are ten dollars cheaper.

Most prices and products in effect March 13 2009 - March 20 2009.

Killzone 2 (PlayStation 3)
View all from PlayStation 3
Resident Evil 5 (PlayStation 3)
More information
More like this?
More from Capcom
Email this product
PlayStation 3 80GB Entertainment System
WWE Legends (PlayStation 3)
Get it First
Street Fighter IV (PlayStation 3)
More information
More like this?
More from Capcom
Email this product
Guitar Hero III Bundle (PlayStation 3)
After $20 instant savings
Hot Offer
More information
More like this?
More from Activision
Email this product
God Of War III (PlayStation 3)
Get it First
MLB 09: The Show (PlayStation 3)
Guitar Hero Metallica (PlayStation 3)

Around the Network
heruamon said:
ROFLOL...what do the publishers know...

They know where they want to put their games

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Hmm. I feel I've heard this before.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

More HW sold doesn't exactly guarantee more profit from SW....

Sure, I guess it would mean more SW sales, but there's no garantee that games in the Red would be pushed into the black with more PS3's on the market....

EDITED

4 ≈ One

Come out with the price cut already!!!! i wanna buy one

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
skip said:
ameratsu said:
skip said:

The third party publishers themselves need to offer the consumer a price cut. Third party titles are ten dollars more than first party games in my country.

Don't the $70 games have to do with our low dollar? Early in the generation, ps3 games were definately $70 new, when our dollar was also fairly low.

it is due to the low dollar. But the fact still remains that sonys games are ten dollars cheaper.

Most prices and products in effect March 13 2009 - March 20 2009.

Killzone 2 (PlayStation 3)
Resident Evil 5 (PlayStation 3)
More information
More like this?
More from Capcom
Email this product
PlayStation 3 80GB Entertainment System
    Killzone 2 

Varastotuote
 62.90€   PS3 
    Resident Evil 5 

Varastotuote
 57.90€   PS3 

PlayStation 3 pelikonsoli (80Gt)
PS3
419.00€
399.90€

------------------

Its the opposite here. ;)

(

62.90€ = $81

399.90€ = $517

Btw, PC games are something like 40€

http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/advanced_search_result.php?manufacturers_id=&keywords=X-Blades&x=0&y=0 , just for lol...)

@Deneidez: Capcom Europe has its HQ in UK, so if they trade in pounds, it's no wonder the game is that cheap. SCEE also has its HQ in UK, but they upped prices.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Sony are doomed until they cut the price down to $1... ¬_¬
We get this article every other day when in 2011 when the price drop does come, everyone and their pet cow will say "I told you so" ¬_¬ seriously it's getting old now.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

This isn't even close to news :P

Some editor got bored, and put together a story based on comments from a single analyst...

There is *no* way Sony will be dropping prices soon. You want the shareholders to lynch the entire set of them? Why wouldn't they have cut prices BEFORE all the big games hit Japan?

Just not going to happen anytime soon.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Software publishers are always "putting pressure" on Sony... and MS, and Nintendo, to lower their console prices. This article is incredibly lame, especially for taking Peter Moore's comments out of context and trying to play them toward the headline.

Spin journalism at its finest. Some weak writer trying to make some quick cash from nothing.