By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Faces Heat From Game Publishers

Xxain said:
^plz stop...I HATE when people say that, SONY's havin a rough time thats it

Stop what? Stating the obvious?

The truth is Sony is bleeding money, especially their game sector. If you didn't notice, the Playstation sector is being merged with two other sectors. If it were as strong as some people want it to be, it would have been it's own division.

I think this is a good sign of the Playstation brand going niche.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
"PS3 sales in the next 12 months are likely to total 14 million, compared with 28 million Wiis and 9.7 million Xbox 360s, according to the Daiwa Institute of Research, a Tokyo-based researcher and consultant."

This part sticks out to me the most. There are people out there that believe the PS3 will outsell the 360 by close to 5 million this year? Lol, Crazzyman must have a new job.

Of course. Where did you think he had disappeared to all this time.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Xxain said:
^plz stop...I HATE when people say that, SONY's havin a rough time thats it

They are losing money and went from first to last. How is that not bad. Stop candy coating it. Face the reality

If Sony does not cut the price this year then they would be resolved to stay in 3rd place for the rest of this gen. It could be possible but it might not. Rmember the success of the PS3 does not just mean succes for them as a gaming company, but also for their format Bluray. If anything, Sony should tone down their efforts on moving their over priced TV's and focus more on the PS3 as it is a double win for them if PS3 does well.

I think we'll see a pricedrop. But Sony will hold out for as long as they can.

Megadude said:
If Sony does not cut the price this year then they would be resolved to stay in 3rd place for the rest of this gen. It could be possible but it might not. Rmember the success of the PS3 does not just mean succes for them as a gaming company, but also for their format Bluray. If anything, Sony should tone down their efforts on moving their over priced TV's and focus more on the PS3 as it is a double win for them if PS3 does well.

I think we'll see a pricedrop. But Sony will hold out for as long as they can.

I don't think Blu-Ray is that much dependent on the PS3 anymore. There are cheaper Blu-Ray players at this moment.

Sure, more PS3 owners means more potential Blu-Ray buyers, but that seems like a minor point compared to all the other important stuff affecting the strategy on price cuts.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

With Nintendo having to raise the Trade price in the UK only, it is indicative of how tight the margins are and the global economy is.

...As much as people want a price cut the PS3 STILL sales. I think right now Sony is settled on getting the sales it gets. =/

I'll believe a price cut when I see it.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

I am curious about this:
PS3 sales in the next 12 months are likely to total 14 million, compared with 28 million Wiis and 9.7 million Xbox 360s, according to the Daiwa Institute of Research, a Tokyo-based researcher and consultant.

Why is the PS3 expected to sell over 4 million more than the 360? They are getting this information from where?

richardhutnik said:

Why is the PS3 expected to sell over 4 million more than the 360? They are getting this information from where?

Their ass?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Darc Requiem said:
sinha said:

"PS3 sales in the next 12 months are likely to total 14 million, compared with 28 million Wiis and 9.7 million Xbox 360s, according to the Daiwa Institute of Research, a Tokyo-based researcher and consultant."

I'm confused... why would Sony need to drop the price when they're already going to outsell the 360 by 4.3 million over the next 12 months?

I'm curious as to why anyone would think the PS3 would outsell the 360 by any amount at this point. Since MS is based in the US, they are actually in the best position to institute a price cut. So even if Sony could find a way, MS would likely counter with a price cut of their own. This would nullify most of if not all of the potential sales gain the PS3 would see from a price cut. The PS3 couldn't outsell the 360 last year and honestly I think that was their best shot to gain any ground. If Sony could have cut the price, they would have last holiday season. There is no way they'd let MS pound them like that during the busiest part of the shopping year.

These two posts hit the nail on the head.

The only thing that I would add is that Sony's financial position just isn't suited for a price cut right now.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

^ they are japanese so shush.