By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Belgium = best army ever (yeah even better than the american one !!!)

I'm proud of my country and facts are facts :p

Even Caesar said it! (although historians believe he may have overdone it to glorify himself a bit more after beating us >_>)

Around the Network

@ kowenicki: LOL but to be fair: The French are the European army with the most victories to their name, although the defeat in WW II and napoleon's defeat are what people remember.

lol, my interpretation is completely different.

The developers excluded Belgium because it's such an anonimous country.

Yes the EU administration lies there but people associate that with Brussels, and they have no idea that it's in Belgium.

@slimebeast: belgium is an anonimous country, but what about luxemburg, or even the netherlands lol???

And BTW, we also have NATO administration ;)

papflesje said:
@ kowenicki: LOL but to be fair: The French are the European army with the most victories to their name, although the defeat in WW II and napoleon's defeat are what people remember.

I think, and think, and think.. and the only French victories I can come up with are WW I and the 100 year war.

The most victorious Europeans are the Russians - a track record of one war lost only ( WW I )... and if my memory serves me correctly, same wih the Brits (well, English) - 100 year war.

Around the Network

Belgium is two different countries, so maybe they humped Flanderen (whatever its spelled in English) and the Netherlands together and Wallonie and France together. You could see Luxembourg just as the city and not as the country and it is a good city to use as a setting. And since it is an alternative time maybe the Belgiums changed their mind after 1870. You Belgiums took a lot of good painters out of Dutch history after the separation.

Tremble said:
@kantor: if you read the files in resistance 2, you'll know that chimeras have reached africa ;)

Really? I could just about bear to finish the campaign, let alone run around searching for intel.

There goes that argument then, Belgian army > Somalian Army (does Somalia even have an army?)

Well, maybe it's because the Chimera didn't want Belgium. They took one look, and decided to go the other way

Or maybe they were moneyhatted.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Even the Chimera don't want it?

Switzerland has the best army, we never lost a fight.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

@nintendo_fanboy: well, switzerland has never fought anyone lol