By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Belgium = best army ever (yeah even better than the american one !!!)

Must... resist... urge... to call them... the Belch... Because it can't be right.

Around the Network

Didn't you see the opening cutscenes in Resistance: Fall of Man? The Chimera took over all of Europe except Great Britain and thats why the first game was there. They probably took over Belgium quicker than Germany did in WWII.

I got to congratulate Belgium. Or either give them my prayers :P.
What about Egypt! I don't see any Chimeras there!

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Ugh, I came in here expecting to see pics of hot Belgian Women in Uniform. Instead it's a thread talking about Resistance: The Fall of Man series of video games. I am so disappointed.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

@ pap

because they are the defeats that matter.....

and I'd argue the British have the most in any case.... because I'm British.... well.... English....

=>

i won't deny that those are the defeats that matter :)

I think, and think, and think.. and the only French victories I can come up with are WW I and the 100 year war.

The most victorious Europeans are the Russians - a track record of one war lost only ( WW I )... and if my memory serves me correctly, same wih the Brits (well, English) - 100 year war.

=>

Well, I was talking about battles, not wars specifically, and in that case, the French apparently outrank them all. (Stephen Fry said so, therefore it must be true! :p)

Belgium is two different countries, so maybe they humped Flanderen (whatever its spelled in English) and the Netherlands together and Wallonie and France together. You could see Luxembourg just as the city and not as the country and it is a good city to use as a setting. And since it is an alternative time maybe the Belgiums changed their mind after 1870. You Belgiums took a lot of good painters out of Dutch history after the separation.

Belgian got independent in 1830.
Flanders ;)

And we didn't "take" anything. On the other hand, the Dutch have to thank us for a large part of their Golden Age, since many influential and rich Flemish people fled this part of Europe after foreign invasion, and fled to Holland, with their money, influence and everything else, leading to an extreme beneficial period over there.

Even the Chimera don't want it?

Probably :(

Lol we talking about armys now?
Well Finland fought agaisnt Russia ,and their kd ratio was 6.98 If I remeber right..4 million people country vs biggest country in the world with over 100million people.....
We had like 100 tanks vs 100000 tanks.

You bastards had skies though :p

Belgium is an artificial nation.

The people on the french-dutch border were always under the rule of big empires, and a bunch of them happened to end up in the same territory in the vacuum when the big European empirs dissolved in the 19th century. But the natural solution would have been that the french speakers had joined France and the dutch speakers joined Holland.

A bit much to assume tbh.

We would basically be as artificial as the current borders of France or Germany. A common history but also with parts that clearly do not add up over the course of said history.

Belgium the way it exists now (our provinces) are not similar to the ones that existed earlier, meaning that dividing it the way you suggest would be rather cruel as cities like Antwerp and Ghent would belong to the northern region now, but would've been part of a different region somewhere down the history line, causing a different divide.

We have enough troubles as it is running this country NOW, let's not go there what would happen if we decided to cut it up :p

LOL @ zapatopi-site :D

Talking about hiding jews and other liberal germans from the nazis?

Talking about the irrationality of attacking a country way bigger than your own?

Talking about the swiss person that tried to kill Hitler and died for his attempt?

Or just talking nonsense?

1) something which basically every country did, and which took a heck of a lot more guts if you were already invaded by the Germans, I'd say.

2) Seriously, sometimes you need to stand up to someone or something. If we all followed your logic, then China, Russia, Canada and the US (and perhaps Denmark would be up there too, depending on whether you give them Greenland) would own the entire world just because they are bigger and shouldn't be attacked.

3) Let's not forget the multiple other assassination attempts towards Hitler. It's not as if only one tiny Swiss went to do so. Heck, even Tom Cruise did it!

You just go back to defending the Pope and we'll hold off the Germans again so that Britain can pull back its troops and regroup :p

Around the Network

OR MAYBE THE CHIMERA TOTALLY LEVELED BELGIUM, SO THERE'S NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I have two theories:

1) The Netherlands nuked Belgium before the Chimerae (plural for Chimera in Latin) came there.

2) The Chimerae only want to kill 'humans'. Thus, Belgium wasn't on the list.

Ok, herebye my apologies for the above said. It's just a century-old prank-history between The Belgians and The Dutch. I couldn't resist it, it's in my blood .

THE NETHERLANDS

Xen - you left Afghanistan and the cold war off of the Russian defeats list. And those were 2 that popped into my head in less then 2 seconds.

Belgiums not humans lol. Though you could be right

@ dgm ... Xen's history book might be as old as the early 1980's. Don't blame him.

OR MAYBE THE CHIMERA TOTALLY LEVELED BELGIUM, SO THERE'S NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER.

Well, then they surely must've passed over the netherlands even faster, that country is about as flat as you can find'em :p

@ starcraftmaniac: touché :p (although the word chimera comes from Greek, not Latin. Nice Dutch try though :p )