By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wich game company got the most fans?!

Nintendo, they've had fans since the 80's.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Ail said:

Blizzard....

Not every Nintendo or Sony console owner is necessary a fan of said company.
Purchasing a console is a one time thing and doesn't necessary mean you are happy with the product afterwards or become a fan of said company afterwards.( that would be like saying that once you had a mocha at Starbuck and now you are de facto a huge Starbuck fan...)

Blizzard has 11.5 million of fans at the minimum...( when you return to the same thing every day and pay for it every month I think you qualify as a fan :p)

True, though the very high number and percentage of excellent games from Sony studios gives an additional reason to count oneself as a current fan.  Nintendo has similar strength: lifetime much stronger clout and reputation as a developer, but currently not quite in as perfect form as the Sony studios.

That is true too but it all depends on what is our definition of a fan. Lets not forget that the majority of console owners are not as knowledgeable or excited about every publisher as we are on this site...( as an example there are probably a huge number of GT or GoW fans that have no clue it is actually a Sony IP).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Game company: Nintendo
Dev: Nintendo

Theres no other company with 1st party games that ever had a larger following. If you write something else you're a moron.

OMG, you're the smartest poster on this thread!

OT, It's really hard to say. M$ would be considered a game company and if you include PC fans, they'd probably win.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

If you say MGS as a whole (pre Ensemble close) then they'd be in the running with all the Flight Sim games and RTS classics.  Personally though I'd go with Nintendo as they're so iconic.

Sharky54 said:
If you guys wanna go off just numbers. . It is sony for sure. 2 consoles 130 million sold+. Nintendo is now at their highest with the Wii. Sony has far more fans then nintendo.

That being said its Blizzard. I know for a fact Stacraft sold like 093879384793487 copies worldwide. And the entire nation of South Korea will do as they are told. You can't argue with that. :P

Wooo since when?

Nintendo is synonymous with gaming around the world and has fanbase that has went out of control in the last 15-20 years.

Last gen the J man had a ps2 but his favourite company was nintendo.

This gen the J man has a 360 and ps3 and still nintendo comes out on top.

Although the J man hasnt bought their home console this gen (has bought all handhelds) the J man can still see the quality of nintendos first party and how it is light years ahead in games(compared to sony/ms first party) despite being behind in graphics<----that should be a testiment to the awsomeness that is nintendo first party.

*Its just nintendomination up in this b*tch.

EDIT:The J man didnt even go into the handheld side of things.......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

SONY. But it's understandable why someone would say SONY, Nintendo, or Blizzard. We really just don't know for this.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
SONY. But it's understandable why someone would say SONY, Nintendo, or Blizzard. We really just don't know for this.

You're right in the sense there are so many loved companies out there that there is no data to provide a definitive answer.  I guess its fun just to hear what people think at least.

Well if 130 million people bought 1 system,then even 100 million of them went out and bought the next by the same company I would say they are fans.

Not buying their product makes you not their fan. Fans will buy something to support what they are a fan of. You are a microsoft fan, not a nintendo fan.

Nintendo has more fans, Sony fans are just more vocal.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Nintendo and it's not even close people. Read what S.T.A.G.E. said. I say lots of the 130m + 100m people who bought ps the last 2 gens did so more for 3rd party goodness than Sony goodness. The top ten best selling games of all time say hi....

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!