By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wich game company got the most fans?!

Sony from last age.

Around the Network

If you guys wanna go off just numbers. . It is sony for sure. 2 consoles 130 million sold+. Nintendo is now at their highest with the Wii. Sony has far more fans then nintendo.

That being said its Blizzard. I know for a fact Stacraft sold like 093879384793487 copies worldwide. And the entire nation of South Korea will do as they are told. You can't argue with that. :P

Nintendo, if only because i think they have better name-brand awareness. Because of the NES and the N64, people know that Nintendo consoles are made by Nintendo, whereas it would probably be slightly less common knowledge that the PlayStation is a Sony brand, or the Xbox is a Microsoft brand

I'm not trying to say consumers are stupid, just the general fact that people often aren't aware of how brands are interconnected unless it is made obvious, or they bother to do research. I didnt' know until a month or so ago that Spike was a Viacom company

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Blizzard....

Not every Nintendo or Sony console owner is necessary a fan of said company. Purchasing a console is a one time thing and doesn't necessary mean you are happy with the product afterwards or become a fan of said company afterwards.( that would be like saying that once you had a mocha at Starbuck and now you are de facto a huge Starbuck fan...)

Blizzard has 11.5 million of fans at the minimum...( when you return to the same thing every day and pay for it every month I think you qualify as a fan :p)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Sony, Nintendo, SEGA, tri-Ace

Around the Network

Nintendo

sony

Play Me

microsoft

Nintendo, everyone knows Mario he is more popular than Micky Mouse and Ronald Mcdonald

Ail said:

Blizzard....

Not every Nintendo or Sony console owner is necessary a fan of said company.
Purchasing a console is a one time thing and doesn't necessary mean you are happy with the product afterwards or become a fan of said company afterwards.( that would be like saying that once you had a mocha at Starbuck and now you are de facto a huge Starbuck fan...)

Blizzard has 11.5 million of fans at the minimum...( when you return to the same thing every day and pay for it every month I think you qualify as a fan :p)

True, though the very high number and percentage of excellent games from Sony studios gives an additional reason to count oneself as a current fan.  Nintendo has similar strength: lifetime much stronger clout and reputation as a developer, but currently not quite in as perfect form as the Sony studios.

edit to add: Blizzard is good.  I want Starcraft 2.