Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all Xbox 360 owners!!!

It really depends on how much "extra" they want to tack onto the price. As a former PS3 owner, it was the only feature I really used at the end. I like Blu-Ray but if its going to add an extra $100 to the overall cost, I think I would want them to pass.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ megaman

it isnt analysis... its a common sense answer to an obvious question...

Another great piece of analysis by Kowenecki youre on fire today sir ;)

kowenicki said:
@ megaman

it isnt analysis... its a common sense answer to an obvious question...

Another great piece of analysis by Kowenecki youre on fire today sir ;)

@ megaman

watch and learn.... watch and learn.

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

Would be nice

Welcome back also!!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ megaman

watch and learn.... watch and learn.

ahahahah im learning everyday :D

Oh no, megaman2 is back!

OT: the next Xbox needs a new media that can fit bigger games than DVD, so it has to be Bluray I guess. But I don't care that much for bluray to buy movies on yet, but perhaps in a couple of years when rental stores have more bluray to rent for normal price (same as DVD today).

Blu-Ray is already getting cheaper and cheaper. It's made me re-consider buying a PS3 because I already enjoy my PS2 enough, and have tons of games on the 360 and the Wii offers me the occasional side game.

I've seen Blu-Ray players for close to $150, so I'm guessing by this December we will see a few for $100 on sale.

360 is a beast without blu-ray and I'm sure MS will have it's own format next gen, maybe even bringing back the dead HD-DVD but in a larger storage format.

It's just that simple.

megaman2 said:
numonex said:
Blu-Ray is PS3 exclusive. X360 owners do not care for Blu-Ray. IMO: The cost of buying a 1080p HDTV, Blu-Ray player and buying all Blu-Ray movies is not worth it.
To get the best experience for a movie you go to the see cinema.

The best experience is watching them at home, are you going to go the cinema every week not even that good movies come out till summer. you must see it as an investment!

huh? you think only summer time have good movies...unless you only like comic-related movies or something..

to answer your question, I don't mind if it has Blu-Ray, I can get a standalone when its cheap....but I don't collect movies anymore they're a waste of money...just rent once in a while, so I can wait...

Personally, I almost never rent movies to begin with. I just don't have the time, and I'd rather my extra change go towards buying a game instead.

If the next Xbox has blu ray, it probably wouldn't influence my purchasing decision-- the game library/3rd party support/exclusives would.