By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all Xbox 360 owners!!!

Would be nice

Welcome back also!!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ megaman

watch and learn.... watch and learn.

ahahahah im learning everyday :D

Oh no, megaman2 is back!

OT: the next Xbox needs a new media that can fit bigger games than DVD, so it has to be Bluray I guess. But I don't care that much for bluray to buy movies on yet, but perhaps in a couple of years when rental stores have more bluray to rent for normal price (same as DVD today).

Blu-Ray is already getting cheaper and cheaper. It's made me re-consider buying a PS3 because I already enjoy my PS2 enough, and have tons of games on the 360 and the Wii offers me the occasional side game.

I've seen Blu-Ray players for close to $150, so I'm guessing by this December we will see a few for $100 on sale.

360 is a beast without blu-ray and I'm sure MS will have it's own format next gen, maybe even bringing back the dead HD-DVD but in a larger storage format.

It's just that simple.

megaman2 said:
numonex said:
Blu-Ray is PS3 exclusive. X360 owners do not care for Blu-Ray. IMO: The cost of buying a 1080p HDTV, Blu-Ray player and buying all Blu-Ray movies is not worth it.
To get the best experience for a movie you go to the see cinema.

The best experience is watching them at home, are you going to go the cinema every week not even that good movies come out till summer. you must see it as an investment!

huh? you think only summer time have good movies...unless you only like comic-related movies or something..

to answer your question, I don't mind if it has Blu-Ray, I can get a standalone when its cheap....but I don't collect movies anymore they're a waste of money...just rent once in a while, so I can wait...

Around the Network

Personally, I almost never rent movies to begin with. I just don't have the time, and I'd rather my extra change go towards buying a game instead.

If the next Xbox has blu ray, it probably wouldn't influence my purchasing decision-- the game library/3rd party support/exclusives would.

DirtyP2002 said:

movies are too expensive at this point. 20€ / Blu in Germany vs 7€ for a DVD.

And as a gaming solution it is not established enough. Check mandatory installs. And if GTA IV fits on a DVD, everything fits on a DVD.

Next Gen, with more speed, no installs, cheaper movies, why not?

This.

Wake me up when blu-rays are cheap as dvd's and readers are 8x at least.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

The top-selling home console this generation, only shows movies in Japan. That is the Wii.  Movies apparently isn't that large of a factor in what matters to videogames.  However, if a Blu-Ray drive for storing game media is sufficiently fast to load, and has a good price point, then I am in favor of it being used.

I have a 61" 1080p HDTV, and I don't see a must switch from DvD to Blu-Ray difference...

Upscaled DvD's look just fine.

To switch your whole collection of movies from DvD to Blu-Ray, seems naive at this point in time. imo...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I personally don't really care... I'll be getting a PS3 eventually(you can help by donating :p ) so while it's something that would be nice addition to the console it's not something that is nessary.