Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all Xbox 360 owners!!!

megaman2 said:

To Xbox 360 owners would you like the next Xbox to have the blu ray feature implemented. The xbox 360 is an absolute beast of gaming would you be bothered if it had a blu ray drive or do you not care.  The reason I ask I recently upgraded to an HD tv, and watching ordinary tv and dvd's does not look as nice once you've experienced Blu ray movies. I have started upgrading my library to Blu ray's.

Thanks for the input!

By 

Honestly, don't care.  I guess if it a) didn't increase the price and b) didn't make the drive slow (the PS3s BluRay drive is considerably slower than the Xbox's DVD drive) I wouldn't mind, sure, it's a bonus - but it's not worth it if it cost more or makes the console slower - largely because BluRay is a 'fad' of sorts, no matter what popularity it gains in the next couple years, it is going to be replaced by downloads and streaming - this is just inevitable.  By next-gen, BluRay will already be dead as a movie format - though to be fair/honest it may well live on as a large-capacity optical disc format for data, unless something else comes along ...

Around the Network

^ Right on! thats what I'm talking about!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

yes i would like a blu ray player attachment, also web browser on the next xbox.

i mean why not? of course it should be implemented.

megaman2 said:

To Xbox 360 owners would you like the next Xbox to have the blu ray feature implemented. The xbox 360 is an absolute beast of gaming would you be bothered if it had a blu ray drive or do you not care.  The reason I ask I recently upgraded to an HD tv, and watching ordinary tv and dvd's does not look as nice once you've experienced Blu ray movies. I have started upgrading my library to Blu ray's.

Thanks for the input!

By 

What reason is there for Blu Ray in a 360? Logically there is no positive answer that you can accept. Blu Ray in no way shape or form is the future. It's just an update on current DVD. True power in the latter is something that makes the former obsolete, Savvy? This is why DVD won the war against VHS. Just watch as Blu Ray becomes yesterdays news next gen. It will be that quick and you will wonder how and why when you put so much faith in it. People are only psychologically behind Blu Ray because Sony was behind forcing it into the mass market. HD-DVD got the sales it deserved, because it didn't prove normal DVD's obsolete. Next gen Sony will unveil that they've found another format that is more powerful than Blu Ray so they can cash in on it. Look at the trend friend starting from the PS1 era to now and you'll get my point.

Lol if Microsoft did put blu-ray into their consoles they would have to pay Sony for the blu-ray.

Around the Network
YesWiiCan said:
Lol if Microsoft did put blu-ray into their consoles they would have to pay Sony for the blu-ray.

MS would be paying "Blu-Ray Disc Association"...

Sony doesn't own Blu-Ray

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I love Blu ray but TBH I could care less if Microsoft went with it next gen. If they went with BD I would be ok with it, or if they went with some proprietary format (ala Nintendo) I would be ok with that too. I would rather use a player for movies than a console anyday.

I have a PS3 which is good enough for BD at the moment. By the time next gen comes around standalone players will be much cheaper and I'll probably retire the BD playback to one of those.

(Talking next gen here but...)

Why you would want to put wear and tear on a next-gen $300-$400 system when players will probably be sub-$100 is beyond me.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Ps3 and bluray fans live on the defeat of the HD-dvd, but they are blind to the fact that it does not matter, blu-ray (unfortunately), won't have the same impact as DVD did over VHS, DVD made VHS completely obsolete, the same way that, Digital Distribution, i.e. netflix, xbox live, virtual console, shall make physical media obsolete, so PS3 fanboys, I'm sorry but BLU-ray won't be youe life line, and any HD crackjacks know that blu-ray is just part-time, Xbox live and netflix both offer 720p and 1080i, only a matter of time till 1080p, and whatever will come after 1080p.,............................was I harsh?.............no!!!!!!!!!

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

More storage would be cool. As long as it's not hella expensive and has awesome games, I'd welcome it. The big thing is - if MS will stay with a similar, easier to design processor and motherboard. Blu Ray is just a medium - it offers great storage. By then, they'll be expand it to 100gb a disk.

The next Xbox with BR? Hmmm......doesn't really matter to me.

I rarely buy movies on physical media these days. I either rent the disc, DL them, or stream it over the internet.