By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all Xbox 360 owners!!!

To Xbox 360 owners would you like the next Xbox to have the blu ray feature implemented. The xbox 360 is an absolute beast of gaming would you be bothered if it had a blu ray drive or do you not care.  The reason I ask I recently upgraded to an HD tv, and watching ordinary tv and dvd's does not look as nice once you've experienced Blu ray movies. I have started upgrading my library to Blu ray's.

Thanks for the input!

By 

Around the Network

Blu-Ray is PS3 exclusive. X360 owners do not care for Blu-Ray. IMO: The cost of buying a 1080p HDTV, Blu-Ray player and buying all Blu-Ray movies is not worth it.
To get the best experience for a movie you go to the see cinema.

Yes.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

It's hard to predict what any future console will have. Although I do think that any future HD console with graphics even better than we we have now will need larger media storage than DVDs. So either it will be Blu-Ray or something else. Who knows, maybe Microsoft will use HD DVD discs for games. Just because the format is dead for movies doesn't mean it couldn't be used for gaming, no?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

numonex said:
Blu-Ray is PS3 exclusive. X360 owners do not care for Blu-Ray. IMO: The cost of buying a 1080p HDTV, Blu-Ray player and buying all Blu-Ray movies is not worth it.
To get the best experience for a movie you go to the see cinema.

The best experience is watching them at home, are you going to go the cinema every week not even that good movies come out till summer. you must see it as an investment!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Couldnt care less.... blu ray players are dirt cheap now and by the time of the next xbox they will be even cheaper...

but it probably will have one built in.

GREAT ANALYSIS!

movies are too expensive at this point. 20€ / Blu in Germany vs 7€ for a DVD.

And as a gaming solution it is not established enough. Check mandatory installs. And if GTA IV fits on a DVD, everything fits on a DVD.

Next Gen, with more speed, no installs, cheaper movies, why not?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

It really depends on how much "extra" they want to tack onto the price. As a former PS3 owner, it was the only feature I really used at the end. I like Blu-Ray but if its going to add an extra $100 to the overall cost, I think I would want them to pass.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

kowenicki said:
@ megaman

it isnt analysis... its a common sense answer to an obvious question...

Another great piece of analysis by Kowenecki youre on fire today sir ;)

kowenicki said:
@ megaman

it isnt analysis... its a common sense answer to an obvious question...

Another great piece of analysis by Kowenecki youre on fire today sir ;)