Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all Xbox 360 owners!!!

i dont care at all about Blu Ray, first of all because they are too expensive for me to consider buying them, and second the visual fidelity of the product is not what i look for in a good movie

Around the Network

shy not?
in three or four years, blu ray players will be under $100?

It would be cheap enough for xbox to add this.

Coca-Cola said:
shy not?
in three or four years, blu ray players will be under $100?

It would be cheap enough for xbox to add this.

Probably this holiday will have a couple $99 blu-ray players.  The cost of the drive has gone down alot.

Next generation, the cost difference between a DVD drive and BD drive will be marginal at worst.  Probably the same price.  I can only see MS avoiding it if they think it will look bad to their fanboys for giving into a "Sony" technology.

In all truth, BD is as much of a Sony tech as CD.  Last time I checked, my Xbox 360 can play CDs.  If you are going to hate Blu-ray because of Sony, then you need to hate Panasonic and Philips as well.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I do not particularly care either way - as long as I get my games, the medium on which they are delivered does not particularly bother me.

Khuutra said:
I do not particularly care either way - as long as I get my games, the medium on which they are delivered does not particularly bother me.

Amen to that. The only medium I ever cherished for its physicality was the cartridge, and even that's just steeped with the emotional drunkeness of nostalgia.

Around the Network

NO

foont said:

Khuutra said:

Amen to that. The only medium I ever cherished for its physicality was the cartridge, and even that's just steeped with the emotional drunkeness of nostalgia.

Cartridges are still pretty cool, especially when they're huge and can't fit in their crappy cardboard boxes so you have to buy a special drawer to put them all in.

Impressive, regal things, forged of two parts childhood wonder and one part majesty.

i would rather m$ use another format, because blu-ray isnt that great. thier is a small difference between blu-ray and dvd, but not that much of a difference. also until blu-ray movies come down in price, where they are around $20 and not more on average. than its a non-factor for me, i have over 30 blu-ray movies and i would own more but the price of the movies is what is keeping me from buying more. i think m$ should like other ppl have said take the dead format hd-dvd and increase its storage to where its at least 4 times that of a blu-ray disk and use it for the xbox 3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I'm not a 360 owner, but I'd prefer the next Xbox to keep a DVD drive for backwards compatibility and move to solid state media for the next gen games.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

I like big boobs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.