By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Challenges the PS3’s Cell Processor Power with Alan Wake

360 Challenges the PS3’s Cell Processor Power with Alan Wake

Posted by HyDRo1X | Real Talk with the HipHopGamer | Monday 23 February 2009 5:49 pm

Sony’s been talking about the power of their cell processor since day one. The power is yet to be unlocked but there are many games beginning to tap into its real potential (Seen in Killzone 2). Ever since the PS3 came out, Sony was touting about how powerful it would be and how the cell processor would allow game developers the opportunity to showcase games at a quality the competitors (360) couldn’t match. The problem lied with the notoriously hard cell to develop for. But enough about the PS3; I’m here to talk about another piece of art known as Alan Wake.

The Xbox 360 has been out for 3 years now and has shown great quality titles over that life span. Microsoft was able to deliver great titles from 1st party developers as well as 3rd party developers that looked amazing running exclusively on the 360 such as Forza Motorsport 2, Gears of War 1& 2, Mass Effect, and Halo 3. Sony’s machine has shown Killzone 2, Uncharted, Resistance 2; these games step it up another level and gamers are starting to see the graphics barrier rise on Sony’s console. However, Microsoft always finds a way to answer to their competitors as well as their fans; now they are also answering to all the people who don’t believe Xbox360 can run something that looks near flawless with the upcoming and eagerly anticipated release of Alan Wake. We may finally see a game on the 360 exclusively that can challenge Sony’s cell processor that will show everyone what the 360 really packs.

Alan Wake seems to be in its mid stages of development if it is to be released this year, but we still haven’t seen much about the game. The few bits that we’ve seen on the game have been amazing and leaving us craving for more. If Microsoft can deliver this game with its pre-rendered visuals as real-time, then it will certainly blow Killzone 2 out of the water. All we can do now is wait for its release, or hopefully we have a demo treatment from Microsoft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think will alan wake have better grafix than the top tier ps3 games.

take in mind youtube footage is from a maxed pc rig.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

its gonna be heavy rain vs alan wake

PC build looks ace
as long as the X360 version isn't too far off it, it's definately going to make some people here a bit worried

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Game looks amazing, definitely one of my most wanted games. Whether it looks worse/as good/better than Killzone is totally irrelevant for me. I don't care about 360 vs PS3 graphics pissing contest.

But Heavy Rain will be better both story and game play i even think its not a fair competition at all

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

I would leave Mass Effect out, the FR drops on the 360 version are ridiculous. Gears, Halo and Forza are fine...

This is PC version,not X360.

So their comparing a game on a high end PC that isn't even out yet..

to a ps3 game?

was there nothing good on tv or....?

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Horrible site, horrible article, horrible thread. The fact that this "article" states resistance2 as an example of great graphics pretty much makes it ridiculous.

Well, not like HipHopGamer adds anything new to the discussion, and leaves us at "We still have no fucking idea".

So, to add my 0.02$, I have no fucking idea.