By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Challenges the PS3’s Cell Processor Power with Alan Wake

XxXProphecyXxX said:
hmmmm this demo is running on a high end PC so dunno how this will turn out to the console probly like farcry 2 tho runs better on PC with better graphics etc but the console version is pretty good too.

At the beginning he show the game running on a single core.  It's not untill he does that tornado the he uses all four cores... most likely he uses them for physics

Around the Network

Looks fantastic, but PS3 owners need not worry. By the time this games out it'l be competing with God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain.

Cueil said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
hmmmm this demo is running on a high end PC so dunno how this will turn out to the console probly like farcry 2 tho runs better on PC with better graphics etc but the console version is pretty good too.

At the beginning he show the game running on a single core.  It's not untill he does that tornado the he uses all four cores... most likely he uses them for physics

No, it's not.  The entire games atmosphere is requiring a multi-core processor (He even states it) and the game is constantly using the multi-core processor (Even prior to the Tornado). The tornado is another example of why this game couldn't be done on a single core processor.    

It's pretty impossible to compare a Fully Maxed out CPU versus a 360.   I mean, that's like looking at Crysis on a Fully Maxed CPU and then trying to gauge how it would look on a 360.  We'll just have to see if the graphics actually turn out good for the 360 version once it comes closer to release before we start talking about how much it will challenge anything. 

Fully Optimized Maxed Settings PC based screenshots and videos aren't an accurate representation of anything on the 360.

Damn.. I WISH THIS GAME COME OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

though both HW sucks compare to my PC, it will get the benefit of making love with Alan Wake when it comes out..

oh wait...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Oh man...talks of Alan Wake, HEAVY RAIN & SILENT HILL? Wow it's CGI-Quality HEAVEN :D...and there are lots of great ideas from folks in here, f*n awesome!!

I do agree with those than Alan Wake and HEAVY RAIN are not fully alike really. One is an open world pyschological thriller, the other, an Adult-themed emotional thriller that tells the story through your actions and not through cutscences just a bunch of QTEs.

Fixed lol.

Alan Wake cant be recognised as a great game until we have more details

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

bRoKeN said:
its gonna be heavy rain vs alan wake

That debate should heat up, as the games reach release date.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Oh man...talks of Alan Wake, HEAVY RAIN & SILENT HILL? Wow it's CGI-Quality HEAVEN :D...and there are lots of great ideas from folks in here, f*n awesome!!

I do agree with those than Alan Wake and HEAVY RAIN are not fully alike really. One is an open world pyschological thriller, the other, an Adult-themed emotional thriller that tells the story through your actions and not through cutscences just a bunch of QTEs.

Fixed lol.

No.

Just ... no.

I think MS did a good job with the 360`s CPU...is very easy to develop for,it is powerfull and it was built for games. Plus it`s cheaper than the ps3`s CELL.

If i get Alan Wake on the 360 and looks just as good as the Pc quad-core and expensive video card used in the real time demo...then good job MS :D