By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Challenges the PS3’s Cell Processor Power with Alan Wake

it was prerendered cutscene
it was a PC build
it is not even out yet

... and it is hippopgamershow ...

@shams,

"Since when is Alan Wake about gfx? Sure they are important - but hopefully *less* important than the story and gameplay..."

That something that remains not sure at this point ...

for the moment, it is just a SH clone with updated gfx.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I want a pc that can do that... T_T

I'm more interested in the PC version rather than the 360.

Nice PC demo.

Also I didn't know the PS3's GPU was called Cell.

That has got to be some of the worst animation i have ever seen on a character, lets pray to god they fix that.

Griffin said:
That has got to be some of the worst animation i have ever seen on a character, lets pray to god they fix that.

You're right the environment looks as beautiful as it can be but the character animation is meh.

Around the Network
Videogirl said:
Griffin said:

You're right the environment looks as beautiful as it can be but the character animation is meh.

When he went to the dam, turned it to dusk and went to the water i was amazed it looked so beautiful.  Another one of the better parts was going into the shop with all the lights off, most games don't do the dark well, but they seemed to pull it off.  Of course having an ungodly computer running the game works great for these demo vids, lets hope they can pull off some tricks and keep most of the game the same for the console.

Along with the other comments about how this is a PC build, etc, I'd like to query why the article says that Alan Wake is in the mid stages of development when it's been in development since 2005. Also, the suggestion that the quality of graphics shown would blow Killzone 2 out of the water just doesn't make sense.

libellule said:

@shams,

"Since when is Alan Wake about gfx? Sure they are important - but hopefully *less* important than the story and gameplay..."

That something that remains not sure at this point ...

for the moment, it is just a SH clone with updated gfx.

I'm sure you wouldn't dismiss it like that if it was a PS3 exclusive.

So its a PC build running on a quad core CPU. Any info on the GPU used?

Environment/world looks really nice and lighting effects are very good, I would agree that the character needs some work.

Looks very promising but need more details.

Skeeuk said:
fulcizombie said:
Horrible site, horrible article, horrible thread. The fact that this "article" states resistance2 as an example of great graphics pretty much makes it ridiculous.

although R2 had some odd grafix choices mainly due to location (canyon levels) other levels like chicago were stunning as was sanfrancisco levels, to have grafix like that with those animations combined with that level of grafix running smoothly online with an amazing 60 players is a surefired technical acheivment.

so imo R2 is an example of great grafix.

The Resistance 2 online graphics were like mind blowingly bad.  They reminded me of Call of Duty 2 level, if not worse.  The campaign graphics were good, but the online was awful and you all should be able to admit that.