By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Prime 3 Reviews Thread

leo-j said:
Gametrailers reviewed it!!! I must say Im extreemly impressed, the graphics are amazing for any game (to me it looks better than resistance on ps3) the gameplay look very fun and entertaining, and I dont know much about the story but the theme's are godly.

This game deserves what gametrailers gave it

Overall: 9.6
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24117.html

(Dude Im serious, this game makes me want a wii. I might actually get one for this game not joking either)

This looking better than Resistance has more to do with artistic style than anything, but I agree with you. Mostly because the bad guys you fight in Resistance have retarded looking cattle prods sticking out of their backs that make them look like portable batteries. 

Around the Network
Zim said:
DonWii said:
I would complain about the 9.5 score, since it was better than Prime 1, but I saw legitimate reasons to lower the score. Up to 10 second load time at times. A boring fetch quest at the end-takes away from the whole mojo. An easier than expected final showdown-really?

To be fair though everything there can also be applied to Bioshock. The last boss is insanely easy (in fact he only hit me once), there is a fetch quest in the middle and another at the end. There are load times between any of the different levels, the levels are pretty long each but it can get annoying when you just want to get something right at the entrance to an area then nip back.

So seems to me that MP3 really deserved the same score. I suppose it's just due to different reviewers.

Btw Bioshock really is as good as the reviews say it is, it's incredible.

It seems to silly to mark a series down because it isn't brand new. Metroid Prime was the first 3d metroid, so of course it was a major change. I wonder if MP3 had been the first the reviews would have been either higher or likewise if bioshock was the third game (I suppose it kinda is) would the reviews be lower? Will Halo 3 have .2 knocked off because of the 3 in the title?

While I agree with your points, I don't think people should care so much about the actual score.  I think the fact that it's above a 9 should be enough to let us all know that this is a AAA title, and that's all that's important.  I think rather than the actual number values of the scores, we should focus on the praises and concerns (which seemed very small).  I mean Gametrailers said playing the game is "practically a religious experience."  I think we have a lot to look forward to.

This game looks great! I'll have to buy it. One thing that really surprised me is that 1up actually praised the graphics:

Enough of the quibbles -- let's get into Corruption's major accomplishment: the graphics. Or should I say, the artwork. After a few relatively simple early areas, Corruption blooms into colorful and elaborate designs that are thick with atmosphere. The veiny organic walls of a living spaceship pulse and blink at Samus' squishy footsteps; strobe lights and giant steaming tubes give a claustrophobic enemy stronghold a foreboding you feel in your gut; rusty machines creak and whir to life, their intricate clockwork mechanics telling the story of an ancient alien culture better than text or a voiceover ever could.

Amazing as it is to say about a Wii game, Corruption contains some of the best visuals in gaming, period. It can't always mask the hardware's technical limitations (pixelation every time you're up close waiting for a door to open, for example), but in most cases the lighting, attention to detail, and wonderfully cohesive and imaginative art direction more than make up for the Wii's lack of raw horsepower. Put it this way: I found myself wandering through rooms two or three times just to look at them. How many games on any system can you say that about?

If 1UP said that, it must look good

I expect Gamespot to give the game a 8.8.

I loved Gametrailers review, good stuff.

A game that gets an average score of 8.5 or above is considered a AAA game.

mM
Around the Network

I agree it sounds completely amazing. I, too, was surprised to see every single reviewer thusfar claim the overall visuals of the game are on par with the best of any console. I'm glad that artwork still means more to reviewers than technical capability.

A game that gets an average score of 8.5 or above is considered a AAA game.

Personally, I think reviews 9 and above are AAA. 

7.5 to 8.9 is very good. 

6 to 7.4 is decent, and can be good depending on personal preferences.

Anything below a 6 is probably bad under most circumstances, and average at best. 

Here's a new one.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/metroid-prime-3-corruption/wii/game-reviews/review/5361/1727/

OMG 1UP review 9.0 for Metroid Prime 3?????

The bias just exploded my head. Wii bias confirmed!!!!!!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

fazz said:
I expect Gamespot to give the game a 8.8.

I loved Gametrailers review, good stuff.

8.5 from GameSpot. They only review games in .5 increments now.

GameSpot review just got put up. 8.5, seems pretty fair. No sarcasm intended in this post.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review