By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Prime 3 Reviews Thread

Niico said:
Hello everyone. About Gamerankings, has anyone noticed they get the wrong vote from Gamernode? GN actually rated Mp3 9.5, not 8.5.

Yup, and I even emailed Gamernode about this!

They replied, are now aware of the issue and will try to contact Gamerankings to fix the issue.

It was pretty funny - I was reading their review, and it was glowing. I was thinking to myself - "How the hell did this score a 8.5?"... and sure enough it was actually a 9.5 :)

So still only 3 scores under 9. That stupid 4/5 from Yahoo is the only one that annoys me though. Its an obvious 5/5 game (if you want to rate them like that in full points) IMO.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

The Gamernode score was fixed, the gamerankings average is now 92%, which is great by any standard. That 92% is even with the unbelievably retarded Yahoo Games 4/5 review (why the hell are they considered a credible ranking source by Gamerankings??) and the very poorly written Gamespot and Gamepro ratings. Those 3 scores are the only ones in the 8 range out of 14.

Honestly any site that doesn't use a 1/10th point interval scale is consistently going to have bad reviews. There is far too much nuance to games these days to be using lame systems that require full point or half point intervals. I am also not a big fan of the 5 point scales but I can deal with that as long as they are using 1/10th intervals.

To Each Man, Responsibility
shams said:
Niico said:
Hello everyone. About Gamerankings, has anyone noticed they get the wrong vote from Gamernode? GN actually rated Mp3 9.5, not 8.5.

Yup, and I even emailed Gamernode about this!

They replied, are now aware of the issue and will try to contact Gamerankings to fix the issue.

It was pretty funny - I was reading their review, and it was glowing. I was thinking to myself - "How the hell did this score a 8.5?"... and sure enough it was actually a 9.5 :)

So still only 3 scores under 9. That stupid 4/5 from Yahoo is the only one that annoys me though. Its an obvious 5/5 game (if you want to rate them like that in full points) IMO.

Exactly my reaction...now they fixed it. Yahoo Games. A site in wich homepage you cloud hardly find a single link to a real game. But the worst is sure Gamespot. They say the game is too easy. And they reveal in the first half of the review that they're playin with lock-on activated. I mean, you choose to play it easy and you complain cause it's too easy? They are disappointed with teh lack of multiplayer. In the mp2 review they said that multiplayer is useless in such a game. Maybe biased?

WiiCode 6036 2998 2474 6469

This points out the most critical flaw in game reviews, most reviewers don't finish the game much ales make it half way through it before writing their review. All the complaints and criticisms voiced thus far seem to be those of someone whose only a couple hours or so into the game.

Real criticisms from someone who actually beat it.

- Many of the Upgrades unique to this game had little to no practical use outside of specific scenarios making alot of the achievement in obtaining them somewhat hollow.
- Finding a whopping whole 51 missile upgrades somehow loses its sense of achievement for this game as having so many (255 in all) really doesn't aid nor benefit your progress through the game.
- Retro again shows us that modeling human faces or bodies isn't their strong suit.
- Why everyone called this the ceiling of the Wii's potential is somewhat puzzling as the graphics are little better than MP2 for the GC. It is a beautiful game, but let's hope this is not the best the Wii can do.
- constant unavoidable dialogue with your ship and aurora units during the game severly hinders the fluidity of gameplay for replay value's sake.

A great game, fun to play and a true gem and the controls are unbelievable.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Was anyone else somewhat dissapointed with Retro's work on the Samus human model? Couldn't they have just borrowed the much better, much more endowed model from Smash Brothers?

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:
Was anyone else somewhat dissapointed with Retro's work on the Samus human model? Couldn't they have just borrowed the much better, much more endowed model from Smash Brothers?

yes i totally agree. The opening where she gets a nightmare and wakes up was just awkward, her eyes didnt look natural at all. Nor did she at the end if you get 100%. SPOILERS AHEAD:......LOOK AWAY! Did anyone feel that the game was too short, as comapared to MP or MP2? Also there were no flora levels or ice/water levels. Some greenery would have been nice. MP and MP2's green eviroments were awesome to behold, as well as MP's phendrana drifts. Just awesome. The secret warp in Bryon on MP3 doesnt count because it was like, what 6 rooms? I though there would be a MP tallon IV size world on each planet but its just one large planet cut into smaller pieces and made thier own planet, separated by cutscenes to hide the loading time.
 Another gripe was how the enemies didnt really feel like they belonged on certain planets, like those strange 4 armed hunters on Bryon or the robots on Elasia. I was expecting animals that are nuetral, or trying to protect is young or something similar, like the boss fight in phendrana drifts where you fight the mother gurgoth when you kill all the baby gurgoth. Truly Epic.  I was also expecting to find something exotic on Elasia but all i find are a bunch of tin cans. Imagine if they put large collasal serphent dragon things swooping in and out of the clouds (i mean like super massive) in the background or alien whale things with a small island on its back. Anything to make it seem strange and terrifying but badass at the same time. Like "wow what the hell is that big ass thing down there, i wonder if i have to fight it later..." -player shudders.  The squad section was kewl but unrealistic. Galactic Federation Troopers can withstan acid rain but samus can't ? Whats up with that?  And what the hell was the dark samus ghost thing that came everytime you killed ur friends?  Oh speaking of friends, they go on one mission together and suddenly their best friends. Wtf. At least give more time to develope charaters and some sort of legit bond. It seemed too forced and predictable.  I know that would make it too similar to twilight princess but hey who gives a dam. Its still awesome. 

Im not bashing MP3, its a great game (finished it monday). I think its just my fault for putting such high standards for the game, being a fan of metroid and beating all MP games. I just wished i could have given some feedback before they finished coding.

Retro does great game play but when it comes to the polish, they're lacking.