By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Prime 3 Reviews Thread

shams said:

Maybe we should start a VGChartz users review thread for MP3. I know I'll be reviewing it once I get to play it - but that may not be for 2 months at least.

My biggest fear is that it will be a perfect 10 for me - so I'm forced to disagree with IGN & GT as well.

In the end word-of-mouth beats out reviews anyway. MP1 ended up with almost 100 reviews on gamerankings, so a few "poor" scores may not impact the outcome that much.

Here is a thought for you all: if the controls in MP3 undoubtably prove that the Wii can provide a superior control system for these sort of games (FPSs & more) - should sites mark down every FPS on the 360/PS3 because it will have an inferior control system?

I hope Retro/Nintendo "release the magic" (i.e. control source code) to other companies.

The controls rock...  I think I like them better then a mouse and keyboard... everything fits so snug in your hand and Samus does exactly what you want.  I hated console FPS games... now... now I have something to look forward too.  Oh and BTW the game looks just freaking incredible!  The only extra option I'd want for a FPS game is the option to increase turning sensitivity to whatever one would want...  for Metroid... the Advanced option works great!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Zim said:
''It has the audacity to say, "Welcome to this strange place. Now go figure it out."'''
Yea they are right metroid should drop you on a planet and explain every sinlge thing about it, the history, story, what's happening at the moment, the names of every person living there etc.
One of the best points about the game is ''Here is a strange place. Find out what happened/ is happening here''

The thing is, if you take the time to scan all the lore it does a pretty good job of explaining the history of the place. I guess the reviewer has never heard of something called "ambiance". Then again, from the rest of the review I'd be surprised if he'd ever even played a game besides Halo.

The only thing I have to say is that anyone who would give MP3 under a 9.0 deserves to have their thumbs amputated so they can no longer continue to play video games and write such rubbish.

Gameinformer gave MP3 9.5. Go check it out. Add it.

Just kiss the tip.

One more thing. My theory is, depending on the person (or reviewer in this case), and depending on what they think the controls do for the game, that's the rating it gets. Look at the second opinion for game informer. Reviews for this game come in a few varieties from what I've been seeing. This is the same for a lot of Wii games though (and DS too actually). Expect it. It's gonna be like this for a while.

Just kiss the tip.

Lost tears of Kain said:
naznatips said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
For those of you who said halo single player sucked, then how did it get such high scores? Halo 1 got its scores from its missions on single player! while the missions on halo 2 were def a let down, you cannot say halo 1 suck

I do not like metroid, i dont like the missions or anything, i tried playing some of the origins back then and i guess i just didnt enjoy it, and people will enjoy some games and some people wont

But just because i dont like it doesnt mean it sucks, i dont go around yelling metroid sucks

It didn't suck, it was just nothing special (at all). There was one great thing about Halo single player: The music. The actual single player game was basic linear shooter game. The plot was decent, but nothing groundbreaking. The reason Halo got such good reviews was because of it's controls, and it's multiplayer. That's it. I have played and beat (and own) both Halo and Halo 2. Believe me, as far as actual sinlgeplayer gameplay experience goes, it's nothing special. I understand that opinions may differ on this, but what did you think was special about Halo's single player that hadn't been done before?

How much fun i had, i really had alot of fun, and it really hit on co op which is i guess multiplayer but also on campain, not online. It is a matter of opinion, i could say theres nothing speical about metroid (which i wont havent played) but it could be my opinion.

If Metroid is as good as you say it is why did it not score as hi, and im being serious? I mean you said controls for halo, yet metroid sounds to have the best controls yet? It really is just a matter of opinion, you cant compare the games, and i disprove of it from anyone.

Also if you look at the plot its quite deep, we have still yet to figure out whos the forerunners and other stuff remains unaswered. THe music like you said was some of the best ive ever heard.

Its a matter of opinion, but you cant tell me that a huge majority of people agree with you, or metroid would be the game that gets as much hype and a higher score ( it did for MP 1 =) )

It comes down to a matter of opinion, i played halo for a very very long time and it was just playing single player and a combination of its co op.

In all i just wanted them to not say it sucks, well cause there are things that really and truelly suck, and its not halo, because if it did it wouldnt be where it is today.

Because it simply isn't what reviewers want in the modern market.  It's a single player game on a system that is scored with a severe bias by most main sites (as per Gamerankings scores).

We both agreed remember that sites will sometimes score big games low to increase site traffic.  I think because of how badly written the reviews for the lower scores were (and 1UP's as well, but I'm not going to go into them... they have all sorts of problems), we can agree that there is at least a chance that this game was not reviewed low based on it's own faults.  

Again, I'm not saying this isn't simply my opinion, but I like having great single player games over great multiplayer games most of the time.  Not to mention Halo's multiplayer experience was ruined for me by the horde of preteens on Xbox Live calling me gay and all sorts of other words that kids should not have been using. 

As I said, Halo was rated higher for it's multiplayer, not it's single player.  The games are too different to compare directly in quality I suppose, but I prefer a great single player adventure over a great multiplayer FPS anyday. 

Around the Network

I'm sick of reading about you guys playing.

I'm going back to my game.

SW-5120-1900-6153

im sooo sad right now. I got stuck at work for about 12 hours today. I just got home and ate some food. Now, a little of this and then to bed. Won't be able to get MP3 until tomorrow. :(

@ Nanza Lol

we have all dealt with the 12 year olds on live, thankfully they have not ruined the experience.

I guess we can agree, cant say one is better, no game will ever truely be better then other (most cases) because it comes down to personal preferences. Just if you say something sucks, need something to back it up (not at you at the people who said it sucks)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
@ Nanza Lol

we have all dealt with the 12 year olds on live, thankfully they have not ruined the experience.

I guess we can agree, cant say one is better, no game will ever truely be better then other (most cases) because it comes down to personal preferences. Just if you say something sucks, need something to back it up (not at you at the people who said it sucks)

I completely agree.  Opinions are great and all, and review a game however you feel is appropriate, but support your opinion (not you in specific, just everyone in general lol).

Arkk said:
Gameinformer gave MP3 9.5. Go check it out. Add it.

very very nice, just .5 under bioshock, just like its only .2 under from ign!

i think it did beat it on gametrailers though (metroid 9.6 bio 9.5 i think)

Anyway, looks to be a fantastic game and one of the best to come in a while, truely a blessing to 360 and wii owners for the two games.

Even though it wont be bioshock for reviews, its still a fantastic game guys, and well deserving of its scores. This might be the one true metroid that i might actually truely enjoy

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.