By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 8 best stories in videogames

Does the girl from Shadow of The Colossus count as a Princess? I'm sure the girl in ICO does, and it was interesting, because you actually had to get the princess OUT of there, as opposed to walking into a castle, saying "YOU'RE FREE!", and walking out the conveniently placed back exit that you never thought to use to get in there...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
No wai Final Fantasy has teh best stories! They're all so logical and interesting and junk. "Effeminate kid saves the world," admit it, that never gets old!

The world is a princess?

Now, I've heard everything.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

BrainBoxLtd said:
RolStoppable said:
elprincipe said:
No wai Final Fantasy has teh best stories! They're all so logical and interesting and junk. "Effeminate kid saves the world," admit it, that never gets old!

In all seriousness (for once), I started Final Fantasy V again and want to finally beat it and the first thing I found to be funny was that Galuf had lost his memory which reminded me of Terra in Final Fantasy VI and Cloud in Final Fantasy VII and Squall in Final Fantasy VIII...

Amnesia, a condition that exists simply to create plot devices in stories. =P

Oh it exists but just not in the proportions games would lead you to believe it does. ANd only two of those characters rol mentioned are worth any salt. (with terra being one)

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

http://sarcasmmeter.net/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Haha, love this.

My favourite games stories would have to be Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. All three games have something in common, which I'm not going to say as it could destroy my masculinity.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Rol you have people congratulating you and some of them mean it.

Do you realize what you've done?

Almost mistook you for a noob considering your avatar or lack of it...

why is this...I mean....why?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

ILOL! I know this is a Rol thread, but I still love how every game on the list except for Chrono is part of the Mario / Zelda series... two franchises that are notorious for their simplistic and constantly rehashed stories.

The only Mario game that is worthy of being mentioned on any real best-stories-in-videogames list is Mario RPG. And the only Zelda game I'd actually consider for such a list is Majora's Mask.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Everyone knows Tetris has the best story. Building an epic tower under severe time constraints while being chased by the dark threat of mr game over.
It ranks right up there with the epic of Sisyphus, thinking you can make it to the end, hoping for a different outcome, but you always have to start over again. The embodiment of true insanity.

maybe first metal gear solid does entering the list, as well as Tomb Raider 3.

Switch!!!