By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 8 best stories in videogames

Personally, i thought pong, had inspiring storyline, which told a story of courage, bravery, and overcoming difficulties.

Around the Network

lol, no grand tourismo?

Soriku said:
Aj_habfan said:
This is dumbest thread I have ever read. Paper Mario over Super Mario Land? Just wow.

You really believe that? PM are the only Mario games that have good stories.

Don't listen to this guy, he likes Kingdom Hearts!

Shura said:
4 mario games where the story is the same??? its ok with 1, but 4??

I agree with the first place, no doubt about it.

Mass effect, that a really good story than have to be there.

i agree the Mario games listed here have more or less the same story. I can settle for 1 mario game but not 4. Mass effect is an amazing story line as well as is Bioshock or MGS or even Gears of War or Halo

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Soriku said:
@Mummel

I can't trust people that like Colin McRae Rally. That's a series Rol also likes...and I can't trust Rol!

Colin Mcrae's story is epic, you can see how far you've driven and stuff. And the dialogue is fab; "Three left, cut, opens."

Around the Network

No wai Final Fantasy has teh best stories! They're all so logical and interesting and junk. "Effeminate kid saves the world," admit it, that never gets old!

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Those princess's really need saving.

I agree. Mario's story is second to none.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

RolStoppable said:
elprincipe said:
No wai Final Fantasy has teh best stories! They're all so logical and interesting and junk. "Effeminate kid saves the world," admit it, that never gets old!

In all seriousness (for once), I started Final Fantasy V again and want to finally beat it and the first thing I found to be funny was that Galuf had lost his memory which reminded me of Terra in Final Fantasy VI and Cloud in Final Fantasy VII and Squall in Final Fantasy VIII...

"And then my ears I suppose.  All right, let's get on with it!"

"Wrong!  Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why.  So that every shriek of every child shall be yours to cherish—every babe that weeps in fear at your approach, every woman that cries 'Dear God, what is that thing?' will reverberate forever with your perfect ears."

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

RolStoppable said:
elprincipe said:

In all seriousness (for once), I started Final Fantasy V again and want to finally beat it and the first thing I found to be funny was that Galuf had lost his memory which reminded me of Terra in Final Fantasy VI and Cloud in Final Fantasy VII and Squall in Final Fantasy VIII...

Amnesia, a condition that exists simply to create plot devices in stories. =P