By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 for Wii?!

They don't want to make it because it would take away from the console versions as they would have to rededicate resources. Also, Activision Blizzard are doing fine as they have a ridiculous amount of money coming from WaW, and CoD6 will sell over 10m copies anyway

Oh, and IGN also have pages for Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier, and Ace Combat 6 PS3

Around the Network

i would buy for wii it worth it

please click  dragons and eggs

I think IW doesn't have anything to say about a Wii version. If Activision says they want a Wii version, IW will make a Wii version. It's that simple.

I think a Wii version is a no-bainer. It's most likely already over a million in shipped units. That's major cash for a port. I'm sure CoD6 would sell even more on Wii (mind you, still not even close to the HD versions) because the brand is building on the platform.

@ benga, I don't think IW would make it, treyarch might be called in. I think IW do have some freedom, as they were allowed to refuse to make yearly CoDs, and 4 did sell so incredibly Activision would be wise not to mess around with them

BengaBenga said:
I think IW doesn't have anything to say about a Wii version. If Activision says they want a Wii version, IW will make a Wii version. It's that simple.

I think a Wii version is a no-bainer. It's most likely already over a million in shipped units. That's major cash for a port. I'm sure CoD6 would sell even more on Wii (mind you, still not even close to the HD versions) because the brand is building on the platform.

yeah kinda like Left 4 Dead for PS3............ oh wait

Not even the PS3 version of the Orange Box was ported by Valve.

I agree with Munkeh. If IW doesn't want to make a port, Activision should let Treyarch make it.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
BengaBenga said:

yeah kinda like Left 4 Dead for PS3............ oh wait

Not even the PS3 version of the Orange Box was ported by Valve.

I agree with Munkeh. If IW doesn't want to make a port, Activision should let Treyarch make it.

Valve is the publisher of Left4Dead, like Activision is for Call of Duty, so Valve is the one that decides. They seem to dislike the PS3 for some reason, but Activision doesn't dislike Wii (anymore).

@ benga, I don't think IW would make it, treyarch might be called in. I think IW do have some freedom, as they were allowed to refuse to make yearly CoDs, and 4 did sell so incredibly Activision would be wise not to mess around with them

According to bardicverse (who is a developer) IW is in fact making the Wii version as well, because Activision forced them to (apparently they didn't like it).

I thought I'd read earlier that they WERENT bringing this offer but it would be good to see.

IW will do what Activision tells them to do because Activision is the one handling the cash flow. And IW's preferences be damned, there's a lot of money to be made off a Wii CoD:MW2 and Activision isn't about to miss out on that.

It may not sell as well as the HD versions, but then it doesn't need to, to be very profitable.

Munkeh111 said:

They didn't refuse to make yearly CoD's, that new leap frog strategy is Activisions plan.

Activision owns IW.  They have do whatever the boss tells them to do.  It's still a company, guys.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'd imagine so. Activision likes money. I just hope they have split screen multi player this time, if that happens I might consider buying it.