By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 for Wii?!

It is a better game than COD3 No, for Wii owners to get the best out of MW they have to play the two consecutively.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
It is a better game than COD3 No, for Wii owners to get the best out of MW they have to play the two consecutively.

Ever play RE2 on N64? Since N64 owners missed out on the first RE, Capcom added the back story into the RE2 game itself. No reason why Activision couldn't do the same thing here.

Besides, the single player game is simply a brief training ground before you plunge into the online multiplayer.

Do you seriously think the lack of MW on Wii is so detrimental that it would be the worst selling of the 3 CoD games on Wii?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

Ever play RE2 on N64? Since N64 owners missed out on the first RE, Capcom added the back story into the RE2 game itself. No reason why Activision couldn't do the same thing here.

Besides, the single player game is simply a brief training ground before you plunge into the online multiplayer.

Do you seriously think the lack of MW on Wii is so detrimental that it would be the worst selling of the 3 CoD games on Wii?

Possibly.  IW would not be able to fit MW and MW2 on one disc.  They could offer it as a platinum hit or something for Wii owners.

I paid no attention to the story, and I'd bet most other people didn't either. I can't see that affecting sales much.

I'm still not sure if there will be a Wii version of MW2. CoD3 Wii outsold the PS3 version according to VGChartz and was definately profitable, yet no CoD4 for Wii. What's changed since then?

halogamer1989 said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

Possibly.  IW would not be able to fit MW and MW2 on one disc.  They could offer it as a platinum hit or something for Wii owners.

No, I didn't mean the whole game was packed into RE2, just the back story.  It was told via notes and diaries found throught the game. 

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I paid no attention to the story, and I'd bet most other people didn't either. I can't see that affecting sales much.

I'm still not sure if there will be a Wii version of MW2. CoD3 Wii outsold the PS3 version according to VGChartz and was definately profitable, yet no CoD4 for Wii. What's changed since then?

The CoD4 game engine was not available on Wii in time for the actual CoD4 game.  It's available now.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I paid no attention to the story, and I'd bet most other people didn't either.
I can't see that affecting sales much.

I loved the story.  When the nuke went off and the aftermath.  It was unbelievable.  There will be a Wii version--see the links.  The only thing that has changed is IW is back in the game.

Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

No, I didn't mean the whole game was packed into RE2, just the back story.  It was told via notes and diaries found throught the game. 

--OkeyDokey-- said:

The CoD4 game engine was not available on Wii in time for the actual CoD4 game.  It's available now.

Ah, I see. Still not convinced though. And I don't think bardicverse is a credible source....

Well if the game is good and has all the features of the 360/PS3 version I could see it selling 2+ million. Limited online and local multilayer modes murdered WaW.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Ah, I see. Still not convinced though. And I don't think bardicverse is a credible source....

He's not the only source.  I am.  I'm in the media and have also been told by Activision the game is in development.  Has been for a long time.  

Oh, as for IW not liking the Wii, that's not entirely true.  What they didn't like was trying to make MW on Wii with the old game engine they had (was used for CoD3).  There was no way in hell they'd do the game justice.   Instead of making the game itself, they - along with Treyarch - worked on the CoD: MW game engine for Wii so they wouldn't have that problem anymore.

Viper1 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

--OkeyDokey-- said:

He's not the only source.  I am.  I'm in the media and have also been told by Activision the game is in development.  Has been for a long time.  

Oh, as for IW not liking the Wii, that's not entirely true.  What they didn't like was trying to make MW on Wii with the old game engine they had (was used for CoD3).  There was no way in hell they'd do the game justice.   Instead of making the game itself, they - along with Treyarch - worked on the CoD: MW game engine for Wii so they wouldn't have that problem anymore.

Oh, OK.  This makes more sense productivity wise.