By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 for Wii?!

i hope they put it on the wii. i'm going to buy the 360 version, but i always like seeing the wii receive good games.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
They don't want to make it because it would take away from the console versions as they would have to rededicate resources. Also, Activision Blizzard are doing fine as they have a ridiculous amount of money coming from WaW, and CoD6 will sell over 10m copies anyway

Oh, and IGN also have pages for Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier, and Ace Combat 6 PS3

That is really flawed. In this economy, you do not stop at selling enough.

You need all the funds you can just in case. Heck, even in a boom that is agood idea.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I just hope it's coming to the wii... let's pray

most shooters on the wii suck...that's why i have a 360 and a wii. 360 for shooters, driving, and WRPG games and wii for platforming, retro games, and any other unusual game like Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc.

I am just glad Modern Warfare 2 was announce. When I finish Call of Duty 4, I knew they just couldn't end it like that. I will buy that game first day. Of course, I will get it on the PS3, since I don't have a Wii. I don't care if it comes out on the Wii. I am just happy they are going back to modern warfare. When they went back to world war 2, I skip Call of Duty:World at War, despite its amazing sales.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I would def buy MW2 for Wii. I love COD:WAW Wii and loved COD4 on PC. Modern Warfare with Wiimote would have me more than satisfied.
As stated before, WAW Wii has sold over 800,000 copies. Why would Activision not make the sequel? If they like money they will make it.

There better be one...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

BengaBenga said:
Barozi said:
BengaBenga said:
I think IW doesn't have anything to say about a Wii version. If Activision says they want a Wii version, IW will make a Wii version. It's that simple.

I think a Wii version is a no-bainer. It's most likely already over a million in shipped units. That's major cash for a port. I'm sure CoD6 would sell even more on Wii (mind you, still not even close to the HD versions) because the brand is building on the platform.

yeah kinda like Left 4 Dead for PS3............ oh wait

Not even the PS3 version of the Orange Box was ported by Valve.

I agree with Munkeh. If IW doesn't want to make a port, Activision should let Treyarch make it.

Valve is the publisher of Left4Dead, like Activision is for Call of Duty, so Valve is the one that decides. They seem to dislike the PS3 for some reason, but Activision doesn't dislike Wii (anymore).

@ benga, I don't think IW would make it, treyarch might be called in. I think IW do have some freedom, as they were allowed to refuse to make yearly CoDs, and 4 did sell so incredibly Activision would be wise not to mess around with them

According to bardicverse (who is a developer) IW is in fact making the Wii version as well, because Activision forced them to (apparently they didn't like it).

Benga, do you have a link for this?  Just curious as to the exact IW response.

Halogamer: here you go:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1767431
http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1767623

BengaBenga said:
Halogamer: here you go:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1767431
http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1767623

Thanks benga.

Edit: Yeah IW doesn't like the Wii as clearly evident.  I have a feeling they will split after the milking treatment from the ActiBlizz corp guys and the Treyarch rivalry.  What do they have to lose?  They have the best selling FPS on Earth...