By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a movie based off of a videogame ever reach Dark Knight status

PelshyX5499X334279YZ said:
Some comic book movies are up with some of the best movies of all time, including Batman Begins, Spiderman, and The Dark Knight. The best videogame movie to ever come out so far is Resident Evil (in my opinion). Can a movie off of a videogame ever be awesome and if yes, when?

Really?  Really? 

Don't get me wrong, those weren't bad movies by any means but those movies do not deserve to be anywhere near the best movies of all time list.

Around the Network

i dont think until we see a movie based off of halo(by peter jackson) or a viva pinata movie(by steven king) lol

frictionini said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Spider-man is not one of the best movies of all time.

And as long as they keep ignoring the source material, no. If they start thinking "Hey, if we're going to make a movie based off of this, maybe we should actually make it atleast slightly similar to it" then yeah, maybe.

actually they based their movies on the ultimate marvel universe storyline, although not 100% of it.

Well, if that's the case, I have to say-- And I didn't think this was possible-- They're doing an even worse job at it.

There's no way the movies are based off of Ultimate when they're so different from them.

I think that some VG based movies could turn good! PoP should be one of those, Jack gyllenhaal (or whatever is name is) is a good actor.

The second tomb raider movie, is not bad. It's not a master piece, but still an okay movie if you like lara croft.

All fighting VG based movies are terrible: Street fighter, mortal kombat, dead or alive: pure shit! Mario brothers too!

Tremble said:
I think that some VG based movies could turn good! PoP should be one of those, Jack gyllenhaal (or whatever is name is) is a good actor.

The second tomb raider movie, is not bad. It's not a master piece, but still an okay movie if you like lara croft.

All fighting VG based movies are terrible: Street fighter, mortal kombat, dead or alive: pure shit! Mario brothers too!

Oh, hell no--Mortal Kombat's the xception to the rule, as most people agree.  Now, the second MK movie, on the other hand...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Best video game movie? Easy. Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie. After that the Fatal Fury movies. And after that Silent Hill.

Edit: Many people forget that From Hell with Depp was based on a comic.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

twesterm said:
PelshyX5499X334279YZ said:
Some comic book movies are up with some of the best movies of all time, including Batman Begins, Spiderman, and The Dark Knight. The best videogame movie to ever come out so far is Resident Evil (in my opinion). Can a movie off of a videogame ever be awesome and if yes, when?

Really?  Really? 

Don't get me wrong, those weren't bad movies by any means but those movies do not deserve to be anywhere near the best movies of all time list.

QFT

seriously The only thing in the movie that stands out was the Joker and heath leadger performance but the storyline, actting and action was very good but nothing special at least for movie like Iron man and Transformers

anyway The Dark Knight got to be The most OVERRATED movie in history !!!!!!!!!

@VonShigsy:
I assume many people don't even know that From Hell was based on a comic and that it was created by the same guy who wrote V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

On topic:
I can't answer this as I haven't seen The Dark Knight and only two movies based on a video game (Tomb Raider). All I know is that most movies based on comics I saw were somewhat disappointing in comparison to the original (including From Hell and V for Vendetta, though the latter one was at least half-decent).

For some reason I believe if they make a Halo movie it would do really well...of course it would need a good plot and great actors...but they already have a LARGE Fan Base

I don't understand the appeal of the Dark Knight, was really bored when I saw it, think it was due to the joker who died. V for Vendetta is a good one thanks to the cast, but like VonShigsy says Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie is the best videogame movie :)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"