By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a movie based off of a videogame ever reach Dark Knight status

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
And as long as they keep ignoring the source material, no. If they start thinking "Hey, if we're going to make a movie based off of this, maybe we should actually make it atleast slightly similar to it" then yeah, maybe.

If you want to read a comic book.. read a comic book.. and if you'd like to watch a movie.. watch a movie?

Around the Network

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAT!!

Man I love that theme song, I still listen to it every so often. That movie rocked.

ChichiriMuyo said:
drboot said:
Comic book movies are all shit imo. It's nothing more than mainstream entertainment with little brains for the middle/lower class audiences.

V for Vendetta?

I saw that film about a month ago for the first time... I didn't know anything about it beforehand and in fact assumed "V" with the mask was in fact called "that guy" because a user on this site has an avatar with him on.

Good film too, I didn't realise it was based from a comic though.

The Tales of Vesperia movie.

Believe!

I think the Halo movie, if it ever comes out of cold storage, could have the potential. The backstory of the universe has the potential to be a fantastic movie.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Max Payne was actually not bad... eventhough its luselly based on a graphic novel i guess it did have bullet time which i was waiting for the whole movie and when i saw it i was like.....oh yehhh

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Spider-man is not one of the best movies of all time.

And as long as they keep ignoring the source material, no. If they start thinking "Hey, if we're going to make a movie based off of this, maybe we should actually make it atleast slightly similar to it" then yeah, maybe.

actually they based their movies on the ultimate marvel universe storyline, although not 100% of it.

Well there is a GOW movie coming out, that could be big.

OH! MGS would be frigging sweet

tomb raider movies were awesome.. cant wait for the third
resident evil trilogy was pretty awesomce.. cant wait for the fourth.

and a zelda movie/trilogy ala lord of the rings, has potential but i doubt nintendo would ever let it come to the silver screen

hello how are you.