By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tom Chick frags Killzone 2 (says it isn't worth playing)

godofwar was being sarcastic. and 2 out of the 3 of your concerns about the game arent really valid

Around the Network

You know a game has hit "big time" status when Tom Chick writes a review. Everyone should listen to what the man says… KZ2 is falling into that category that no matter how good the game is it will not live up to the internet hype. This game is going to be somewhat a disappointment.

spiteful - thats just silly.

Wait a minute...his game of the year was that piece of crap Far Cry 2?

That had an awful plot! You're in Africa. Kill some random guy. You have no idea who he is, so go around doing menial quests by driving around and being shot at by every enemy in the world.

Yeah, I'd rank the importance of his opinion somewhere between Oprah and Entertainment Weekly...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Kantor

Don't be talking bad about Oprah! She is very much important. She is going to be the first female president, WATCH!!! lol XD

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Wow, it seems that every page of this thread has 4 posts asking who To Chick is, a Wiki reference explaining who he is, and a debate on SSJ12's grammar.

Here's the bottom line - trust no one. Don't trust the good reviews, don't trust the bad ones. PLAY the game and build your own opinion, just like with all games. Gamefly is your friend.

Kantor said:
Wait a minute...his game of the year was that piece of crap Far Cry 2?

That had an awful plot! You're in Africa. Kill some random guy. You have no idea who he is, so go around doing menial quests by driving around and being shot at by every enemy in the world.

Yeah, I'd rank the importance of his opinion somewhere between Oprah and Entertainment Weekly...

LOL I guess Resident Evil 5 is doomed ;)

richardhutnik said:

I am going to comment here in closing, by saying, if Tom Chick has NO credibility, I am curious who does.  One can say he may not have a lot of credibility, but none?  Is one supposed to look to the likes of the former Crazzyman as a source of truth?

It's not that difficult.

If person agrees with my opinion they are credible. If they disagree with my opinion they are not credible.

That seems to be how it works.

drpunk said:
richardhutnik said:

I am going to comment here in closing, by saying, if Tom Chick has NO credibility, I am curious who does.  One can say he may not have a lot of credibility, but none?  Is one supposed to look to the likes of the former Crazzyman as a source of truth?

It's not that difficult.

If person agrees with my opinion they are credible. If they disagree with my opinion they are not credible.

it more like this....

If you firmly believe A to be true

Someone else believes B to be true

You two obviously disagree

But in a different instance you both can come to some kind of an agreement then all is well.

A Reviewer,writer, journalist looses credibility when their opinion is CONSTANTLY at odds with their general fanbase. Why should I listen to the opinions of someone who I never agree with? Thats stupid.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

drpunk said:
richardhutnik said:

It's not that difficult.

And that seems to be a good place to close things up here.  People need to find individuals they trust and they go ahead and look at stuff and report back.  And then, based on your own experience, go there.  I will say that some opinions are definitely worth more than others, in a general sense.  However, of value to a person is subjective. 

So, in regards to this, people shouldn't expect something to be universally praised or panned (unless it is like Big Rigs).