By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tom Chick frags Killzone 2 (says it isn't worth playing)

Maynard_Tool said:
Damn, so many people are angry just because someone thinks Kz2 is not a good game??? seriously, some people take this waaay too serious.

As long as the game keeps getting 10's everyone is happy... it get's a different opinion... oh boy, watch out :O Ridiculous

Man thats not the problem its just when was the last time this guy actually reviewed a game?

I did an image search on Yahoo for him and look what came up i found pictures chickens before him.

And honestly i'll trust a chickens review over his...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0S0202sdZJJczIA4quJzbkF?p=tom+chick&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=utf-8&x=wrt&y=Search

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Who?

MontanaHatchet said:
So if it's only his opinion, we should just move on, and we shouldn't even care what he says, why post this? It seems like the only people who are trying to prove his validity or defend him are the type of people who probably don't like this game in the first place. It's not very subtle, ya know.

Montana, if I were to guess myself. I would naturally assume that those who agree with him are finding comfort in the fact that they are not alone in a media that largely loves killzone 2. Its comforting to humans to know that someone out there, even if its no-one that you know of. Shares a opinion with you. I'm indifferent to killzone 2, but if I largely disliked it. I would be comforted myself after reading that article.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Not Gil from The Office US! No! I must hate this game now, because an actor on a ripoff of a great show doesn't like it!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Every time a great game launched there is one jackass to describe it as terrible. It's common habit for people who are in need to be famous for 2-3 days. I am not saying that the game is good-i have not played it just yet- but i can remember negative comments from every great game (Mario Galaxy/Zelda/Gears/GTA/GT/MGS/etc) that launched.

Around the Network

How the hell can your average gamer say he likes or dislikes this game!? its not out and wont be for another 2 weeks. There is no way i'm going to say "this is a great game!, period!" when i have only played the beta multi player and the demo. The beta was great but i was quite underwhelmed by the demo, as have a lot of reviewers been. Most have said that it gets better and better as you play and for that reason i will buy it but i will wait until i have my own opinion from playing it before i claim it is great or sucks.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I Agree 100% with Tom Chick.
The addition of the "vicious" flying poodles as believable plot enemies was just the straw that broke the camels' back.
Whoever thought of that at GG should be sent to the dole queue.
I'm cancelling my pre-order. this is too much for me to bear right now.

To clarify, this post serves to illustrate my opinion of Mr. Chicks write-up. i.e. it appears to have emanated from his anus.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

The question he's raising is this, if you're going to spend a fortune developing an extremely sophisticated game engine, why not invest in writers and designers that can match the standard set by the engine developers.

This man agrees with you on all of the technical aspects (the things you've seen in all of those screenshots and videos). What he is saying is that the other aspects of the game are not up to the same standard and if you believe in the idea that a game is about more than graphics and whizbang features, then this game will not have lasting appeal for you.

Graphically advanced shooters come and go, but a game with good writing, design, and art direction is eternal.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Did anybody else notice he didn't mention the gameplay, other than that bit about the Sixaxis, which all the reviewers love?
That's right, gameplay. You know, the most important part of a game...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I trust Tom Chick over the 40+ AAA reviews.