By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you happy with Banjo-Kazzoie sales??

This question has been on my mind for ages.

It is a topic not discussed much.....I was just wondering are you (ninty fans, PS fans, xbox fans, gamers, banjo fans, RARE fans, and everyone else) happy with the imo relatively poor sales banjo kazooie has shown?

before its launch there were a few threads predicting it would outsell LBP......people were excited over its ability to create vehicles.

so are you happy with the sales of the game?? did it get the sales it deserved or has banjo fallen of a cliff?

then are you happy with how the game was?? I mean did less platforming lead to it loosing sales?

here are its sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=21977&region=All

here are sales of previous games:

Banjo-Kazzoie -- 3.65 Million

Banjo-tooie ---- 1.5 Million

Banjo Nuts n bolts -- 540K

_________

personally its not too bad in sales....it may reach 1 million in the end making it only 500K away from banjo tooie.

but as a franchise Banjo just like Crash has "crashed" in sales massively

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

No, I'm not happy, but I'm not happy with the game itself, either!
I would prefer a pure platformer. And despite the fact that Rare tried to do something fresh and innovative there, I guess most of the fans would prefer a pure platformer. Even a Banjo Tooie HD!
However, the game is still very good.

Good to see it have legs. How long did Banjo Tooie take to get over a million?

I'll be satisfied when it beats Banjo Tooie.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Its the way the cookie crumbles...

I have a feeling that had they made a basic platformer and didn't try to reinvent the wheel it would have sold better.

Devs need to realize that the round wheel works fine most of the time...

I would have liked this game to have launched rare back into its rightfull place, as one of the greatest developers ever, a place that does justice to the remarkable games they have made in the past. Sadly it didn't :(

Around the Network

Does it deserve better sales? Banjo Kazooie did because it brought a brilliant duo of characters and great graphics to the platforming table

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

EL_PATRAS said:
I would have liked this game to have launched rare back into its rightfull place, as one of the greatest developers ever, a place that does justice to the remarkable games they have made in the past. Sadly it didn't :(

I don't know...I think your expectations for the cmpany are too high. I always think that the name "Rare" is just the company name hence it is not really responsible for the great games made in the past.

People working for Rare in 1992-2001 are responsible for those amazing games, and I think most have left the company. So as long as I get fun games for Rare Im good.  I don't hold Rare to any standards that they have achieved in the past.

I expected it to sell more to be honest. Especially since it launched with a $39.99 price tag. It also came with a free download for Banjo on XBLA right?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

That game was shit and an insult to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise. It didn't sell very well either considering it was a budget game.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

disolitude said:
EL_PATRAS said:

I don't know...I think your expectations for the cmpany are too high. I always think that the name "Rare" is just the company name hence it is not really responsible for the great games made in the past.

People working for Rare in 1992-2001 are responsible for those amazing games, and I think most have left the company. So as long as I get fun games for Rare Im good.  I don't hold Rare to any standards that they have achieved in the past.

Your right, but I still miss the days when you could really look forward to a rare game, and you knew it was going to be totally mind blowing.  I just think nuts and bolts maybe deserved a bit more sucess sales wise, even if its just for old times sake.