By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you happy with Banjo-Kazzoie sales??

Is Banjo really that bad? It looks fun to me. It's one of the few games tempting me to get a 360.

Though I never played the old Banjos to compare.

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
Mvp4eVa said:
Funny thing is Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is really a hardcore game, yes it attracts the younger gamers by it looks but the tasks there to do are not so easy, time consuming with lots of dialog, overall still a fun game with great amazing graphics..

While I finished games like Devil May Cry 3, Gears of War 1 & 2 , Call of Duty 4 & W.W, Assassins Creed, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, GTA IV etc..Nuts & Bolts makes me earn every mission I complete..

About the sales, this game has legs, there's no doubt Nuts & Bolts will surpass Tooie and pass the 2 million mark on its life span.

The Con : Camera issues, to much motions that induces motion sickness after a couple of hours of playing time.

no doubT??

this game will be lucky to sell 750 thousand..

face it 

nintendo made rare (along with many other companies who are no longer with nintendo great) but now they suck..

nintendp had everything to do with how good these games were

and how well they slod

sold*

The game will break 750k, assuming it isn't discontinued ala Tales of Vesperia. 

And there's also the liklihood MS will eventually bundle it like Viva Pinata, which will probably put it past a million.  But the game is likely ot break 750k on its on.

makingmusic476 said:
Is Banjo really that bad? It looks fun to me. It's one of the few games tempting me to get a 360.

Though I never played the old Banjos to compare.

Once you start building up your stock of parts and can start experimenting it can be pretty fun. Tinkering with a vehicle to optimize it for a challenge is arguably the most fun part of the game. However if you were a fan of the first two games (or even just the first, I didn't like tooie) it can make you a little... bitter. I spent the first half of the game cursing it for being different, but once I got that out of my system I had a good time.

CIHYFS?

Felt like a tech demo. Worst part is I enjoyed the platforming parts, but there just isn't enough there. I got tired of building vechicles fast and it was way too easy to give up on the game and never return.

It's too hard for kids and not satisfying enough for fans or core gamers. I can't blame people for not buying it. It would make a better bundle then Sega Superstars Tennis, hopefully that's where it'll end up.

So I was checking out Rare's other holiday release, Viva Pinata 2, and it's sitting at a measly 350k. Why are these guys still around, while Ensemble Studios, the creators of Microsoft's second best selling franchise (and one of my favorites), get the axe?

Really, that only makes me fear for Rare. Microsoft has been decreasing the size of its first parties for a couple of years now, starting with FASA Studios in...2006? I think? Rare has been kept around primarily because they are the crux of Microsoft's new family-oriented games strategy, but with sales this low, and with a 360 that seems to be selling quite well primarily due to price rather than titles like Banjo, will they be kept alive?

Around the Network

I absolutely loved the game and I'm disappointed in the sales. However it should build some decent legs. People bitch all the time about sequels that are essentially rehashes and when someone tries something new you guys don't buy it even if its a great attempt at something new. You hypocrites are whats wrong with gaming.

Baggins said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
40$ USA, 54€ Europe.

As far as I care, they can bury themselves with unsold boxes. It'll be a big pile, they did the same with Viva Piñata 2.

It was sold full price in the UK and I assume the rest of Europe.

I don't know what the recommended retail price was, but the game had a 54€ sticker everywhere in Spain. Just as Viva Piñata 2.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

makingmusic476 said:
So I was checking out Rare's other holiday release, Viva Pinata 2, and it's sitting at a measly 350k. Why are these guys still around, while Ensemble Studios, the creators of Microsoft's second best selling franchise (and one of my favorites), get the axe?

I don't think they want to axe an investment of $377 million so lightly ( that would basically confirm that Rare acquisition was a huge mistake ).

Also I heard that Rare provides tools for the Xbox 360 .

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

sadly, i believe its been overtracked here.
it has sold 140k according to NPD till december, and only sold like 40k in UK, so multiply it by 3 and it gets to 120k. The game has probably sold less than 400k, which is awful for a BK game. I would like to see how much the XBLA BK sold. My guess is that it sold better, which may be a hint that people wanted a traditional game.

celine said:
makingmusic476 said:

I don't think they want to axe an investment of $377 million so lightly ( that would basically confirm that Rare acquisition was a huge mistake ).

Also I heard that Rare provides tools for the Xbox 360 .

No one wants to make cute, cuddly games for the 360 (besides Jonathan Blow, and he's only made one).

Microsoft pays Rare to do what they think they need but that no one else wants to do because it doesn't sell.

Ah, they might also develop middleware/tools for the X360 (Turn10 said they were using Rare code).

Then there's the odd-job here and there, like the Avatars.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).