By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you happy with Banjo-Kazzoie sales??

Yes, I'm kind of glad it didn't sell so much. Even though the game isn't bad, I still would have preferred a true Platformer. So maybe they'll go back to old school next time.

Yes, I'm glad it failed. Screw you Xbots.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Im a bit disapointed, but I didn't expect much to begin with so it wasn't too far to drop.

Tease.

Hmmm, I'm kinda torn on this, I wish it did well, just to do well. But on the other hand, maybe this will tell Rare to stick with pure Platforming, and maybe we'll get a real Banjo game.

By the way. I liked the game quite a bit, 100%'d it (Except for the Saucer of Peril) but it just wasn't the same as the first one. The first one is still amazing. I need to beat it again.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Banjo Tooie was the best.

mmnin said:
Banjo Tooie was the best.

I have to politely disagree. I didn't like Banjo Tooie as much as the first one.

Also, I hate Canary Mary.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Around the Network

I can't help but imagine the game would have sold much better if they included a demo of Banjo-Threeie inside. It seems like switching to vehicle based gameplay really alienated a lot of the fanbase and killed any chance of being a commercial success.

That's not to say it wasn't a good game, no it definitely had it's moments. It just wasn't a good Banjo Kazooie game.

CIHYFS?

Baggins said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
40$ USA, 54€ Europe.

As far as I care, they can bury themselves with unsold boxes. It'll be a big pile, they did the same with Viva Piñata 2.

It was sold full price in the UK and I assume the rest of Europe.

That's what I am complaining about.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Mvp4eVa said:
Funny thing is Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is really a hardcore game, yes it attracts the younger gamers by it looks but the tasks there to do are not so easy, time consuming with lots of dialog, overall still a fun game with great amazing graphics..

While I finished games like Devil May Cry 3, Gears of War 1 & 2 , Call of Duty 4 & W.W, Assassins Creed, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, GTA IV etc..Nuts & Bolts makes me earn every mission I complete..

About the sales, this game has legs, there's no doubt Nuts & Bolts will surpass Tooie and pass the 2 million mark on its life span.

The Con : Camera issues, to much motions that induces motion sickness after a couple of hours of playing time.

no doubT??

this game will be lucky to sell 750 thousand..

face it 

nintendo made rare (along with many other companies who are no longer with nintendo great) but now they suck..

nintendp had everything to do with how good these games were

and how well they slod

sold*

hello how are you.

I somehow only played Banjo-Tooie and never got around to playing the first one, but I'll weigh-in anyway.

I always thought that the collectathon type platformers that Rare did were always a bit overrated. This includes both Banjos and DK64. They were fun for a while, but the games usually got a bit stale by the time you got to the end. For that reason, I'm not that sad to see this type of game fade away.

On the other hand...

I loved Rare during their SNES and N64 days. Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Diddy Kong Racing are some of my favorites to this day. It is sad to see this once great company become less and less relevant. For that reason, I'm sad to see this game do poorly.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Paperdiego said:

no doubT??

this game will be lucky to sell 750 thousand..

not too far to go according to this site.  I actually like the game having never played the previous 2

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=21977&region=All

Region Japan America Others Total
Total Sales 0.00m 0.31m 0.23m 0.54m
Week 1 1,896 37,928 17,494 57,318
Week 2 709 25,335 18,241 44,285
Week 3 630 34,245 26,131 61,006
Week 4 513 27,473 26,141 54,127
Week 5 231 37,264 26,857 64,352
Week 6 161 47,920 33,668 81,749
Week 7 122 42,141 29,852 72,115
Week 8 n/a 18,757 14,393 33,150
Week 9 n/a 12,823 11,464 24,287