By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you happy with Banjo-Kazzoie sales??

makingmusic476 said:
Is Banjo really that bad? It looks fun to me. It's one of the few games tempting me to get a 360.

Though I never played the old Banjos to compare.

There's nothing wrong with the game. It is quite simply a great game, who's biggest crime is that it doesn't appeal directly towards the general 360 userbase.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network
Picko said:
makingmusic476 said:
Is Banjo really that bad? It looks fun to me. It's one of the few games tempting me to get a 360.

Though I never played the old Banjos to compare.

There's nothing wrong with the game. It is quite simply a great game, who's biggest crime is that it doesn't appeal directly towards the general 360 userbase.

Indeed.

And then they decided to exclude some of the few that were interested on it when they picked the european recommended retail price.

I would like to add some insight... have you realized the dissociation between some of Rare's games design/content and the marketing? Example: Viva Piñata is a micromanaging hell of resource-management strategy - and it gets a kid identity (you know, name, theme, marketing). It's like trying to sell fridges to skimos. Then there's Banjo: it is ANYTHING but Banjo - yet it's burdened with a Banjo sticker which means; a) ancient IP with negligible impact today b) backlash from the few that remember what the IP was about.

I am assertive in the fact VP would have sold twice if it was about breeding killer-mutants and had an online arena/competition through XBL. Sort of online Pokémon but grittier.

And Banjo? Just call it anything but banjo, replace the two leads and boom all the negative press and trashtalking created by the years of wait and rose tinted glasses gone.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I only played the Demo and was very dissapointed. To that came the fact with the vehicles which imo just don't belong to B/K and all the negative press, so i decided not to buy it. I really loved the two old ones and didn't wanna ruin my memory of the B/K Franchise

I am happy for the current sales. Games like that does not deserve any more. Well, it will be bundled some day and it will be a good bundle for selling consoles for kids/families.