By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

Where did he say sales would be like Halo?   He meant in terms of console significance.   Halo defined Xbox FPS's and he's expecting The Conduit to define Wii FPS's and he might be correct on that.

yoyo said:
the graphics don't look as good as they are hyped up to be. When videos of the game were released in the beginning it was compared to 360 games but now it looks like a ps1 game although the gameplay might be good which is the important thing in the end

When your arm gets tired of stirring the pot, come back and we'll have a decent, civilized conversation.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
yoyo said:
the graphics don't look as good as they are hyped up to be. When videos of the game were released in the beginning it was compared to 360 games but now it looks like a ps1 game although the gameplay might be good which is the important thing in the end

...Er, what?

Ok, seriously i don't think that this guy said it meaning that it would reach Halo sales (he's not that crazy is right?), i think he meant that The Conduit will be the FPS that "characterize" the Wii or the "FPS icon" of the Wii just like Halo is for the Xbox

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

haxxiy said:

The Conduit will never be like Halo. Never.

You sir have won the thread.  I choose Halo.

"Haze could become the PS3's Halo." - Free Radical Executive

Around the Network
De85 said:
haxxiy said:

The Conduit will never be like Halo. Never.

You sir have won the thread.  I choose Halo.

No Sir I win

Playboy Bunny playing Wii Fit plus the fact you can get your girlfriend to actually play and well... do that *see image* in front of you is a winner.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I say this game could sell 3 million worldwide.

whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:
What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

Not having to buy a PC that can play Crysis at maximum settings higher than 5 FPS.

And this game is missing a key feature that Halo had. (splitscreen and unified online service)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:
What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

Not having to buy a PC that can play Crysis at maximum settings higher than 5 FPS.

And this game is missing a key feature that Halo had. (splitscreen and unified online service)

Uhm the upgrades to be able to run it at max settings wouldn't as much as a PS3 now :P seriously video cards drop in price pretty fast, not to mention you can have the game running on two different monitors if you really wanted "splitscreen" and PC has a unified online service, it's called the internet, where you can talk to any of your friends at any time no matter what game they're playing or type of computer they're on :P

Anyway whorentaged was trying to make a bit of a joke cause the guy said there was nothing he saw special about The Conduit after playing those 360 titles, which of course probably made him think he was meaning graphics so he made the point of brining up Crysis.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Aiemond said:
coolestguyever said:
I actually hope this does well. It would be nice to see the wii have a good FPS.

I disagree with his statement that theres 50 million people out there "clamouring" for a game like this though. The people who bought Wii's are either hardcore nintendo fans who like their first party titles, or are people who bought wiis to see what all the hype with motion controls/wii fit was about.

People still believe this shit?

There are "professionals" that still believe in the Wii is a fad idea. 

He didn't say it was a fad... so don't get your panies in a bunch... this isn't the kind of game that will sell like crazy.  Just look at people's expectation and you see that maybe that pay attention to the top sellers on the Wii more than you do.  I hope the game does do well, but it's not going to sell at the same level as Halo 1 did...