By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

haxxiy said:

The Conduit will never be like Halo. Never.

I apologize lord!

I apologize wall vgchartz community.

This post made me see the TRUTH!!!

:::Thank you haxxiy:::

/thread

*______________*

(who's the gurl?)

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Anyone who thinks this can do Halo numbers is crazy. Any allusions to such a comparison by the developers is intended to stir up hype and anticipation.

Let's be realistic here, folks.

but this is the nintendo forums

Ari_Gold said:
Bodhesatva said:

Anyone who thinks this can do Halo numbers is crazy. Any allusions to such a comparison by the developers is intended to stir up hype and anticipation.

You mean you haven't read the other ones?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Ari_Gold said:
Bodhesatva said:

You mean you haven't read the other ones?

The world is undoubtly Nintendominated right now, where for instances somes try to get others Killzowned which provoques some Microssufering...

HALOLOLOL!!!!

*puts down the weed*

Ari_Gold said:
Bodhesatva said:

If you look back at previous predictions some of the most outrageous claims made by Nintendo fans, like "Wii Fit will be the best selling non-bundled game this generation" and "Mario Kart Wii will outsell GTA 4" have turned out to be remarkably accurate in a large part because of how explosive the sales potential is on the Wii. While I have no expectations of The Conduit outselling Halo 3, I thought that Sega was crazy in predicting that the combined sales of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games would be 4 Million units ... M&S:ATOG will pass 11 Million units combined soon, and will have outsold every HD console game released at the rate it is going.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
I am getting tired of people whining about the split screen thing, look at the controlls, it is IR, unless you have a 46 in tv it would be a massive clusterfuk having 4 people aim their WiiMotes at a 12x 8 box or whatever. Maybe 2 play co-op could be doable, but no 4 player local death matches.

Also, COD4 and WaW have local 4 player, and I have used it like... maybe 4 times. Think about it, their are so many local Multiplayer options on the Wii, why whine because ONE game does not support it. Just play Brawl when your friends come over (or MK if they are casuals or girls)

Well it depends, i personally dont like shooters that much, but i like playing split screen with my mates, and the Conduit would be a perfect game for our little sessions alongside Brawl, Tenkaichi Budokai 3, etc. etc. Now i personally will buy this game sooner or later because it is a great effort from the devs and i want to support it (and it will be fun i hope)

But many Wii owners that arent into shooters would consider this title because of splitscreen , without it i feel many potential customers wont get this game early.

This just in.... guy says his own game will be awesome!

Ah wait.  He's just suggesting that if it does well maybe Nintendo will start publishing it themselves.

I would argue that he is right, but hear me out. As a FPS Conduit is to Wii as Halo is to Xbox, buuuuuut FPS is simply a much smaller genre on the Wii. In a similar way I would say Banjo-Kazooie is the Mario of the Xbox. It is the big exclusive platforming property, the difference is on Wii platformers are huge, on the Box not so much.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

whorenraged said:
haxxiy said:

The Conduit will never be like Halo. Never.

I apologize lord!

I apologize wall vgchartz community.

This post made me see the TRUTH!!!

:::Thank you haxxiy:::

/thread

*______________*

(who's the gurl?)

She isn't playing Halo he is...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

bigjon said:
I am getting tired of people whining about the split screen thing, look at the controlls, it is IR, unless you have a 46 in tv it would be a massive clusterfuk having 4 people aim their WiiMotes at a 12x 8 box or whatever. Maybe 2 play co-op could be doable, but no 4 player local death matches.

Also, COD4 and WaW have local 4 player, and I have used it like... maybe 4 times. Think about it, their are so many local Multiplayer options on the Wii, why whine because ONE game does not support it. Just play Brawl when your friends come over (or MK if they are casuals or girls)

Cod4 isn't on Wii, and WaW on Wii doesn't have local multiplayer. Most FPS offerings on the Wii don't have local multiplayer.

Also, 4-player local on Red Steel works magnificently. Too bad Red Steel just isn't that great a game...

Simply put, you are wrong and you know nothing of which you speak. =)

SW-5120-1900-6153