By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

i have a question on the video posted on page 6.  at about 8:30-9:00 or so there seems to be a glitch the player finds and reports.  I could not tell from the video what the issue was.  did anyone else see that and knows what the hiccup was?

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:
What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

I really can't stand people like you who only love to play games with great graphics.

Anyway Bioshock has an awesome atmosphere not only is walking through Rapture an great experience your first meeting with a little sister and a big daddy makes you go Woopah!! Then I don't mentioned yet the awesome magic powers, the story etc.

COD 4: The singleplayer is just awesomeness and it has one of my top ten shocking moments in games ever (crawling on the ground when you just got hit by an A-bomb), an awesome multiplayer that have influenced the game market to follow with COD 4 standards.

Geow1-2: While the game may look great it also introduced the unique coversystem that is just great to play.

So the controls are unique in The Conduit that is all?

I'm not sure if you realized that he was making a joke... mostly because you listed 360 games to compare to The Conduit... but if you really don't realize the cool parts of the Conduit that give it an edge is the Wii remote controls being faster and more precise then any other console FPS, has unique weapons that takes advantage of the controls like a guided gernade launcher that follows the pointer around so you can shoot around walls if someone is taking cover, the singleplayer is listed to be about 10 to 12 hours long without finding all the extras hidden in each level, a pretty cool story about government conspiracy and aliens taking over Earth, then you have solid online with the normal match types you see in CoD and such but there's apparently more modes then that but they're going to annouce those later.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Kwaidd said:

i have a question on the video posted on page 6. at about 8:30-9:00 or so there seems to be a glitch the player finds and reports. I could not tell from the video what the issue was. did anyone else see that and knows what the hiccup was?

An orange "wall" right after the corner that disappears just before the message from the guy appears on screen...

No big deal, that will be fixed for shure...

But I like serious glitches in the games... I miss my old days doing glitches on Vive City...

whorenraged said:
Kwaidd said:

i have a question on the video posted on page 6. at about 8:30-9:00 or so there seems to be a glitch the player finds and reports. I could not tell from the video what the issue was. did anyone else see that and knows what the hiccup was?

An orange "wall" right after the corner that disappears just before the message from the guy appears on screen...

No big deal, that will be fixed for shure...

But I like serious glitches in the games... I miss my old days doing glitches on Vive City...

Demo builds can be quite troublesome as well, sometimes the normal build of the full game back at the offices won't have an issue but bring just one level to a show and see some issues turn up, much like the Brawl demos back before launch, the normal game didn't have any issues but when they brought demos to show off the game had serious slowdown, sometimes those glitches are in the full game and if they show up at a big press event like this I'm sure they're going to do a double take and make sure nothing is going on with that part of the level in the full game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

it all comes down to MARKETING

so far EVERY preview has basically said the same thing.

"the conduit is a blast to play, and has some of the best graphics for the wii to date"

if Sega puts a halo style marketing push- i'm talking about -lots - of TV ad's huge store displays, etc, then yes it could pull down halo numbers lifetime.

if the marketing is not there, then it'll do better than MP3, and red steel- how much better depends.

Around the Network

Split Screen would put sales into really high level, Wii is a social console mainly and many people would bought the conduit just to play with friends even if they not that interested in shooters. It will sell well but they cannot be serious about Halo level without Split screen

Wait a minute! It got delayed again. Wow this game couldn't come out any sooner.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

i think people are way too optimistic with conduit sales.  i think it'll be lucky to sell 500k copies... just look at titles like zack and wiki, godfather, COD, etc.

it might be a damn good game, but a lot of things need to go right for this to sell even 1 million copies.

as a wii owner, i hope i'm wrong, but i just can't be as optimistic as so many people here.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:

i think people are way too optimistic with conduit sales.  i think it'll be lucky to sell 500k copies... just look at titles like zack and wiki, godfather, COD, etc.

it might be a damn good game, but a lot of things need to go right for this to sell even 1 million copies.

as a wii owner, i hope i'm wrong, but i just can't be as optimistic as so many people here.

CoD:WaW is on it's way to a million copies and out of all the versions the Wii version was promoted the least.  In fact I can't remember a single Z&W or Godfather ad. 

This is the reason HVS picked SEGA, SEGA knows how to promote their games, look at how well Mario and Sonic did as well as Sonic and the Secret Rings, and HVS wants to use that promotion power for The Conduit to get the name out there and make sure it can get the attention it deserves.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Lingyis said:

CoD:WaW is on it's way to a million copies and out of all the versions the Wii version was promoted the least.  In fact I can't remember a single Z&W or Godfather ad. 

This is the reason HVS picked SEGA, SEGA knows how to promote their games, look at how well Mario and Sonic did as well as Sonic and the Secret Rings, and HVS wants to use that promotion power for The Conduit to get the name out there and make sure it can get the attention it deserves.

Err ???

The only commercials I saw on US TV were about the Wii version of CoD:Waw

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !