By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

well amp those that wanna hype it as being the second coming can - they're the ones that'll be disappointed. It'll be a very well polished, well rounded core Wii game that'll prove the Wii as a capable FPS machine.

It may be Wii's Halo but it won't touch that franchise's many millions of sales

Around the Network

What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

The Conduit is amazing on the Wii HHGS

Lostplanet22 said:

The controls

Lostplanet22 said:

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

The superb dual analog controls, of course! As any "hardcore" console FPS player will tell you, they could beat mouse and keyboard anyday

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:

The superb dual analog controls, of course! As any "hardcore" console FPS player will tell you, they could beat mouse and keyboard anyday

Mas que piada!!! xD

I´m looking forward to this game.

With that said, why is he implying the entire Wii userbase is 'clamoring' for a (hopefully well developed) FPS?...C´mon, that statement is completely out of reality.

Wiintendo said:
thanny said:
Wiintendo. You are creating the type of unrealistic expecatations that i have come to expect, and dislike, from certain ps3 fanboys.

save yourself some embarrasment and stop now.

it's about that time again...

:)

umm, actually... i will almost certainly be buying The Conduit, i think its gonna be great...

I just try to take a neutral stance in terms of hyping a game, because its rarely worth it. you on the other hand take it waaay over the top

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Ail said:

The dude needs to stop smoking pot...
Any increment of the Halo franchise does 200 million $ of revenue the week it is released...And that's really the Halo phenomenon, it's such a blockbuster everyone has to buy the game first week, it's the only game that actually challenge hollywood blockbusters movies for revenue in week one.

Sales-wise it is the top selling Xbox360 title but if you include multiplatforms it's actually behind CoD4 and GTA4..

Is he suggesting his indie game is going to do that ?

yes, this is the Wii's Halo, and it's also the Wii's Killzone 2, which has, from my estimates, 2 million preorders around the world

Killzone 2 pre-orders stand at 1.1m for Europe

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/killzone-2-pre-orders-stand-at-1-1m-europe-$1266650.htm

(and that was before the demo was released over PSN, factor in America, and the rest of the world...could be at more than 2 million.)

With that in mind, if PS3 can do that with it's significantly smaller install base than the Wii, and the 360 could with it's base (in 2007, which was about as big as the PS3's now), why not The Conduit? 

If the Conduit is as good as, or better than Halo and Resistance, to paraphrase Eric Nofsinger,

'The Conduit is thoroughly more enjoyable than Halo and Resistance mainly because of controls', says High Voltage CCO

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/176818060/p1/?84

3 Million plus sales should be a cakewalk for The Conduit.

The game is still 4 monthes away.  Be on the look out for any preliminary preorder reports...or preorder bonuses, so that you yourselves might become convinced to give The Conduit big first week sales.

Comic Con Demo Walkthrough

Wiintendo said:
Ail said:

The dude needs to stop smoking pot...
Any increment of the Halo franchise does 200 million $ of revenue the week it is released...And that's really the Halo phenomenon, it's such a blockbuster everyone has to buy the game first week, it's the only game that actually challenge hollywood blockbusters movies for revenue in week one.

Sales-wise it is the top selling Xbox360 title but if you include multiplatforms it's actually behind CoD4 and GTA4..

Is he suggesting his indie game is going to do that ?

yes, this is the Wii's Halo, and it's also the Wii's Killzone 2, which has, from my estimates, 2 million preorders around the world

Killzone 2 pre-orders stand at 1.1m for Europe

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/killzone-2-pre-orders-stand-at-1-1m-europe-$1266650.htm

(and that was before the demo was released over PSN, factor in America, and the rest of the world...could be at more than 2 million.)

With that in mind, if PS3 can do that with it's significantly smaller install base than the Wii, and the 360 could with it's base (in 2007, which was about as big as the PS3's now), why not The Conduit? 

If the Conduit is as good as, or better than Halo and Resistance, to paraphrase Eric Nofsinger,

'The Conduit is thoroughly more enjoyable than Halo and Resistance mainly because of controls', says High Voltage CCO

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/176818060/p1/?84

3 Million plus sales should be a cakewalk for The Conduit.

The game is still 4 monthes away.  Be on the look out for any preliminary preorder reports...or preorder bonuses, so that you yourselves might become convinced to give The Conduit big first week sales.

Comic Con Demo Walkthrough

Ask a Bungie member if The Conduit is better than Halo, noob.