By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

I think it wouldnt reach halo numbers but if this game does great and a sequel comes then it would reach Halo numbers.

Around the Network

Nice interview. I am hoping this game can get 2m+. That would be a respectable number for a new IP on a console that is not defined by the hardcore.

I know that unless it gets the most craptastic reviews, I will own in on day one.

Aiemond said:
coolestguyever said:
I actually hope this does well. It would be nice to see the wii have a good FPS.

I disagree with his statement that theres 50 million people out there "clamouring" for a game like this though. The people who bought Wii's are either hardcore nintendo fans who like their first party titles, or are people who bought wiis to see what all the hype with motion controls/wii fit was about.

People still believe this shit?

There are "professionals" that still believe in the Wii is a fad idea. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I think that this game can be called the Wii's Halo if it tops 3 Million Lifetime

I don't think that'll happen. Perhaps the sequel can top 3 Million but The Conduit is a brand new IP with a lot more competition this year so I think if it can get 2 Million it's a huge success and I think it can reach that

I can't wait to get The Conduit. I've been wanting some good FPSs for the Wii for a long time. Hopefully this game will make other developers want to start developing FPSs for the Wii. I think that genre is a perfect fit for Wii controlls, yet this is the genre we are seeing the least of on the Wii.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Around the Network

I don't think the conduit will sell halo numbers, unless people spread the word out to all and help it sell.

However I really think if it sells well with user feedback (which they do listen to) and now an established IP, they will be able to implement more things and improve on everything in the game. This would either make Conduit 2 a late Wii release or an Early Next Gen Nintendo console one.

Even if the game [dream mode: on] surpasses Halo, people won't recognize it because it's a Wii game and therefore doesn't count somehow...

That picture really looks like its from the game black and I will search the web for a picture like it to confirm....

Oh and I really don't think it will reach halo numbers because the wii crowd IMO is not heavily into FPS as much as the xbox or ps3 crowd...

I think it will have around 2 million LTD

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/pics/1486907aaa.jpg

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=2912&region=All

And yep that picture is def from black....

I thought it looked better than what I have seen from the conduit.

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

shakarak said:
Cool interview Cant be halo because it HAS NO SPLIT SCREEN though :(

Agree 100%.  I have so much more fun playing split screen and LAN that it's not even a fair comparison.