By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

Too bad it's coming out in June. MadWorld here I come!

Around the Network

theres no way this game can do halo numbers, maybe a million or so but never like halo

emilie autumn said:
theres no way this game can do halo numbers, maybe a million or so but never like halo

VGChartz pegs Halo 1 at 6.43 million sold.  Mario Kart Wii is set to outsell it by 3, may'be 4 times as much.  I think The Conduit could easily exceed Halo 1 sales.  I sure hope it does.

3 million minimum seems conservative I think.

-keep the positive buzz coming-

Yeah, and we all know Mario Kart Wii is a FPS. A better example would be MP3 which is sitting comfortably at 1.50 mil. I mean, that's horrible considering the Wii has twice the userbase of the original Xbox and it didn't outsell Halo CE, right?

Is there a reason why this game doesn't have spiltscreen? :(

coolestguyever said:
I actually hope this does well. It would be nice to see the wii have a good FPS.

I disagree with his statement that theres 50 million people out there "clamouring" for a game like this though. The people who bought Wii's are either hardcore nintendo fans who like their first party titles, or are people who bought wiis to see what all the hype with motion controls/wii fit was about.

People still believe this shit?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

MP3 isn't a FPS, it's a FPA and it doesn't have multiplayer - Halo is XBOX, the marketing in that title has always been huge and I can remember Halo being bundled early too

Not saying The Conduit will reach Halo numbers, the XBOX owns that demographic but it should be able to outsell Metroid Prime 3 unless something goes horribly wrong

Wiintendo. You are creating the type of unrealistic expecatations that i have come to expect, and dislike, from certain ps3 fanboys.

save yourself some embarrasment and stop now.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I hope it does become Halo for Wii.

Ewww, no way it can do Halo numbers on a console which is defined largely by local multiplayer when they DON'T HAVE LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!!

They are being extremely foolish... I hope their talk doesn't meet with harsh reality and make them look silly.

Tease.

Cheat1011 said:
Yeah, and we all know Mario Kart Wii is a FPS. A better example would be MP3 which is sitting comfortably at 1.50 mil. I mean, that's horrible considering the Wii has twice the userbase of the original Xbox and it didn't outsell Halo CE, right?

Is there a reason why this game doesn't have spiltscreen? :(

The fanbase of a console does not always equall high sales for every game released on the platform. Final Fantasy XII sold less than six million units on a platform with a fanbase of over one hundred million.

Secondly, Metroid Prime 3 did not receive the kind of advertising that Halo is accustomed to getting. In fact MP3 received very little advertising.

The developers of the Conduit stated that there would be not split screen multiplayer early on in the games development. I read where someone stated that the developers said that the split screen multiplayer would cause a reduction in the graphics of the game. It sounds silly but you never know.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba