By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

I don't think it will do Halo numbers, but I'd love to see it outsell LBP seeing as it was so HUGE!!!

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network
aher052 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/pics/1486907aaa.jpg

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=2912®ion=All

And yep that picture is def from black....

I thought it looked better than what I have seen from the conduit.

it's strange that i found that picture a few times on sites covering The Conduit.

Aiemond said:
coolestguyever said:
I actually hope this does well. It would be nice to see the wii have a good FPS.

I disagree with his statement that theres 50 million people out there "clamouring" for a game like this though. The people who bought Wii's are either hardcore nintendo fans who like their first party titles, or are people who bought wiis to see what all the hype with motion controls/wii fit was about.

People still believe this shit?

Well, the premise isn't too divergent from Space Invaders, shoot aliens, and that's a timeless classic, it has mass appeal.

I dunno, but I can't wait to be leading teams in CTF with my shotgun.

thanny said:
Wiintendo. You are creating the type of unrealistic expecatations that i have come to expect, and dislike, from certain ps3 fanboys.

save yourself some embarrasment and stop now.

it's about that time again...

:)

"some of the multiplayer modes are discussed towards the end of the video. 3 main modes, dm, tdm, and ctf w/other objectives for these modes to be revealed later, as well as some unique multiplayer different from what's discussed already."

The bit in the above text about 'unique multiplayer' has me very interested.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

The dude needs to stop smoking pot...
Any increment of the Halo franchise does 200 million $ of revenue the week it is released...And that's really the Halo phenomenon, it's such a blockbuster everyone has to buy the game first week, it's the only game that actually challenge hollywood blockbusters movies for revenue in week one.

Sales-wise it is the top selling Xbox360 title but if you include multiplatforms it's actually behind CoD4 and GTA4..

Is he suggesting his indie game is going to do that ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

If this game sells 2 million copies, that would be a lot. There is no way that it'll come anywhere close to Halo numbers. All of this Conduit hype is ridiculous. Red Steel 2 will probably be a better game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
If this game sells 2 million copies, that would be a lot. There is no way that it'll come anywhere close to Halo numbers. All of this Conduit hype is ridiculous. Red Steel 2 will probably be a better game.

Hype isn't ridiculous, is fun!!!!

And yeah, I agree that Red Steel 2 will be better, because the game style (no aliens) pleasures me much more than The Conduit... Buuuuuut I'm pretty shure that The Conduit will have tremendous legs and will be a life-time seller probably...

whorenraged said:
amp316 said:

Hype isn't ridiculous, is fun!!!!

And yeah, I agree that Red Steel 2 will be better, because the game style (no aliens) pleasures me much more than The Conduit... Buuuuuut I'm pretty shure that The Conduit will have tremendous legs and will be a life-time seller probably...

No. Hype makes people say, "Told you so",when you're wrong.  I'm the person that sits back and laughs. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp: the hype for this title isn't ridiculous.. Some people just go a little bit over the top with their predictions. I'd say LBP and KZ2's hype was ridiculous.

puffy said:
amp: the hype for this title isn't ridiculous.. Some people just go a little bit over the top with their predictions. I'd say LBP and KZ2's hype was ridiculous.

No puffy. That's the problem. I think that it's becoming very similar.  The game isn't going to be released for months and it's already getting hyped a lot.  I really hope that this game is a "Halo-killer" or whatever people want to label it, but I'm trying to look at it more realistically.