By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

Cueil said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Aiemond said:
coolestguyever said:
I actually hope this does well. It would be nice to see the wii have a good FPS.

I disagree with his statement that theres 50 million people out there "clamouring" for a game like this though. The people who bought Wii's are either hardcore nintendo fans who like their first party titles, or are people who bought wiis to see what all the hype with motion controls/wii fit was about.

People still believe this shit?

There are "professionals" that still believe in the Wii is a fad idea. 

He didn't say it was a fad... so don't get your panies in a bunch... this isn't the kind of game that will sell like crazy.  Just look at people's expectation and you see that maybe that pay attention to the top sellers on the Wii more than you do.  I hope the game does do well, but it's not going to sell at the same level as Halo 1 did...

Uh I know he didn't say Wii is a fad I was making the point to Aiemond that there's more absurd claims out there then what coolestguy said and they're supposed to be "professionals" not some console fan on a forum.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

The Halo 1 just sold that amazingly because it was heavily bundled...
Without that the game should be famous also, but not as the same level...
It reached 6.5 million, without bundles it would stay at 2.5~3 million...
Without the bundle the game shoudn't be so much recognized. The same casa to Wii Sports...

whorenraged said:
The Halo 1 just sold that amazingly because it was heavily bundled...
Without that the game should be famous also, but not as the same level...
It reached 6.5 million, without bundles it would stay at 2.5~3 million...
Without the bundle the game shoudn't be so much recognized. The same casa to Wii Sports...

Sure Wii Sports wouldn't have "sold" 42 million units but it has sold 3 million just in Japan and we all know Japan is not a very good market right now.  It's quite possible for Wii Sports to have sold well over 10 million without being bundled.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

well if it has a stupid story with a stupid ending, then it can be the Halo for Wii =P

I dunno how much it will sell. I do believe it will sell very well. But without splitscreen..I dunno.

I have to admit that when I heard that it won't had split screen I was a bit dissapointed =(