By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

I am getting tired of people whining about the split screen thing, look at the controlls, it is IR, unless you have a 46 in tv it would be a massive clusterfuk having 4 people aim their WiiMotes at a 12x 8 box or whatever. Maybe 2 play co-op could be doable, but no 4 player local death matches.

Also, COD4 and WaW have local 4 player, and I have used it like... maybe 4 times. Think about it, their are so many local Multiplayer options on the Wii, why whine because ONE game does not support it. Just play Brawl when your friends come over (or MK if they are casuals or girls)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Perhaps he's not discussing sales, but rather cultural significance. Halo cemented the Xbox consoles as THE consoles to own for FPS. Perhaps he believes that The Conduit will finally prove that the Wii can be a hardcore machine.

While I don't expect spectacular sales or reviews for The Conduit, and I think it is foolish to compare it directly to Halo (or any other major game) there is a slim possibility that it could see sales well above my (or most people's) expectations if it ends up being the only high quality exclusive FPS on the Wii for awhile. Basically, if it has little competition it could sell 50,000 to 100,000 units per week off of word of mouth alone, and after several months sales like that can really add up to a very large total.

That idiot. >_>

The forums will never hear the end of this.

Holy shit wow @ Youtube video, I didn't get to see it yesterday, graphically it totally craps on MP3 at that point it's not even the art direction, I mean the guy playing is either playing well or the game is just really easy on the eyes.

LOL@glitchy stuff.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Marketing is the key word here. If this game is marketed right, then it could pontentially reach 2 million copies. I'm pretty confident that it won't reach Halo status, though. If you look at the history of that series, it has always been a big seller. Many titles were labled "Halo killer" but none have been successful at fullfilling that title. The closest a game has come to that status is CoD4, and Halo 3 still has more multiplayer matches being played than CoD4.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

PhalanxCO said:
Perhaps he's not discussing sales, but rather cultural significance. Halo cemented the Xbox consoles as THE consoles to own for FPS. Perhaps he believes that The Conduit will finally prove that the Wii can be a hardcore machine.

Honestly, that's what I assumed he meant. I thought he just meant that Conduit was going to be the definitive casual-friendly, pick-up-and-play online shooter for the Wii just like Halo is for the Xbox. If you have a Wii and you want to shoot things, you're going to grab The Conduit. I don't think he was expecting comparable sales, because that would require many more millions of dollars in development funding and marketing campaign than this game ever could get. And I'm pretty sure Ganofsky understands that.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

the graphics don't look as good as they are hyped up to be. When videos of the game were released in the beginning it was compared to 360 games but now it looks like a ps1 game although the gameplay might be good which is the important thing in the end

The Conduit will never be like Halo. Never.

yoyo said:
the graphics don't look as good as they are hyped up to be. When videos of the game were released in the beginning it was compared to 360 games but now it looks like a ps1 game although the gameplay might be good which is the important thing in the end

Really? Playstation 1 graphics?

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!