By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Conduit could become the Halo for the Wii" - High Voltage CEO

NJ5 said:
whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:
What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

The superb dual analog controls, of course! As any "hardcore" console FPS player will tell you, they could beat mouse and keyboard anyday

Don't forget that these hardcore players enjoy it better cause they can relax after getting home and play them casually aftera long day of work... oh wait did I mix something up @_@

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
whorenraged said:
Lostplanet22 said:
What is so special about this game? What makes it so unique?

After playing Bioshock, COD4,GEOW 2 I wonder why this game get so much hype?

After playing Crysis at maximum settings what's so special about every PS360 FPS?

I really can't stand people like you who only love to play games with great graphics.

Anyway Bioshock has an awesome atmosphere not only is walking through Rapture an great experience your first meeting with a little sister and a big daddy makes you go Woopah!! Then I don't mentioned yet the awesome magic powers, the story etc.

COD 4: The singleplayer is just awesomeness and it has one of my top ten shocking moments in games ever (crawling on the ground when you just got hit by an A-bomb), an awesome multiplayer that have influenced the game market to follow with COD 4 standards.

Geow1-2: While the game may look great it also introduced the unique coversystem that is just great to play.

So the controls are unique in The Conduit that is all?

Wiintendo said:

If the Conduit is as good as, or better than Halo and Resistance, to paraphrase Eric Nofsinger,

'The Conduit is thoroughly more enjoyable than Halo and Resistance mainly because of controls', says High Voltage CCO

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/176818060/p1/?84

LMAO.

Lol, sales wise it has no chance, for a start there won't be a record breaking marketing campain behind it.... And even if it did, 6.5 million (original Halo) is still out of reach.

If all goes really really well, I think it could come close, but no cigar, to 3 million.... while realistically I think it will be around 1.5-2 million.

Without local multiplayer, no it won't. It may be good, but it'll be no Halo. Local multiplayer is a must for me.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Oh, this isn't good. Can't have them getting swollen heads before showtime, right? They've been relatively humble up to this point, they should let their work speak for itself, especially given their history as a developer.

It's not going to pull Halo numbers by any means, i don't think. It'll be platinum LTD, almost certainly (i mean, World at War is getting there, and this game has much more front-loaded hype than W@W Wii), but 2 million or up is definitely very optimistic.

I really want to see some multiplayer footage, though. Details are all well and good, but lets see some action

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It's a quality(hopefully) FPS built from the ground up for Wii. That is it's sole selling point, but there are a number of good things derived from it, such as controls, and weapons that would be more awkward to do without the IR pointer.

I don't think it will be phenomenally successful without local multiplayer, but it should sell better than Red Steel at least, and hopefully better than MP:C. Then, The Conduit 2 has a much better chance at success, especially if it has local multi-player.

I wonder though if it will get it's thunder stolen by Red Steel 2. The original may have been mediocre, but Ubisoft may have realized in time that there is a gap in the market waiting for a really good multiplayer FPS with IR controls.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Anyone who thinks this can do Halo numbers is crazy. Any allusions to such a comparison by the developers is intended to stir up hype and anticipation.

Let's be realistic here, folks.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Anyone who thinks this can do Halo numbers is crazy. Any allusions to such a comparison by the developers is intended to stir up hype and anticipation.

Let's be realistic here, folks.

We are SALES WHORES, we have to discuss this to death!

Well it's doubtful if it'll be that big but at least they are thinking big. I think they have a shot its just marketing has to be good and very good. Sega hopefully realizes that and will get the message out.