By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

Jesus, calm the hell down you guys or both your asses will get reported. If you can't keep a discussion civil then don't discuss.

Around the Network

Phew!!

@ Gip

Surely posting a question like that who must have expected to have fanboys pushing their console of choice down your throat.

My question to you is: Have you honestly learnt anything new about either console that you didn't know before you started this thread?

I bet you learnt a whole lot else.

You have access to the internet, do some research and make your own mind up.

Rpruett said:
C8 said:
The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

I've no idea what MS spent on Halo but Halo is not known for graphics, it's known for incredibly balanced online play that doesn't get old for a very long time (just look at the number of people still playing it online every day a year and a half after it's launch - with the possible exception of COD4, nothing comes close in terms of competetive online play.

Halo's graphics are "very good" but they are not incredible.  Gears is far more of a graphical treat (both Gears 1 and Gears 2) - but for Gears it's online play is "very good" but not incredible.

Killzone - well, remains to be seen for me (have PS3, don't have demo code) - beautiful graphics are a great thing to have, but it needs more if I'm going to spend my time and money on it.

The original Halo for the Xbox certainly was hailed for it's graphical presentation for the time.    This new 'reasoning' about Halo being all about "balanced online play" and garbage is just a defense mechanism for a game that has yielded disappointing graphics for the past two iterations.

Halo is a great game though, but acting like graphics wasn't much of a concern in it's design is a total fallacy.

Woah stop right there. There is no defense mechanism. Halo 3 was graphically underwhealming from the start. It was widespread news after the Multiplayer beta came out and we all hoped it would improve but though the single player offered some nice graphics it was certainly no Gears.

As for Halo 2, that was good graphically at the time. It was a big step up from Halo. Name me a console game that looked better in 2004?

GamerInPhilippines said:

@ils411

You really act as if you are a faggot, don't include that "if" on your statement cause indeed you really are one. You already admitted it lol. And if you're planning to insult someone such as me, be sure that it cannot be used against you. ^_^ Only fools do that like you.

I bet most of readers here are disgusted on you. Look at your posts compared to mine. I already have thousands of members having tons of pm's on me saying that ur such an embarassment to the Philippines. Do you know the word "calm" ? You don't even have any breeding, you only have the "breed", cause act like a dog lol. I guess ur a dalmatian though...

And please if your planning to spam me with your fanatic messages, please study grammar first. It will be a shame on the Philippine race.

And again, please don't post here in my thread if you only want to insult, you did not even answer any of my questions. 

@everyone

I never doubted PS3's potential but the question is, when will I see it? And thanks for the answers, ur opinions really help  me decide ^_^

You're seeing it right now. If you don't appreciate that, maybe you shouldn't get a PS3 after all...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If the PS3 hasn't presented you with anything you like by now, it never will.