By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

Bobo012893 said:
makingmusic476 said:
ils411 said:

Those damn Fillipinos. You never know what they're gonna do next. One time I had one try to feed me powdered waffles out of a sand blaster.

i'd go balisitc on you for saying this...but funny, i do know some people who would actually do such a thing.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
madskillz said:
@ GamerinPhilippines

I would look at the gaming collections of all the folks offering pro-PS3 recommendations. They are recommending what they love and know. I have an MS bias, but I see goodness in both systems.

I would never, ever recommend buying a system for one game. If so, I'd recommend you buying an standup arcade game.

As far as the 360, it offers a much-lower entry point, a lot of exclusives, a much larger online base than PSN. Plus, with a hard drive, you can play several older Xbox 1 titles on the Box.

The PS3 offers Blu Ray playback, free online services and a good game lineup, but you really, really need to look at games and figure out which system best for you.

As much as I'd like to listen to folks here, you - not them - will be plopping your cash down.

you just wasted a good post. this guy will either buy a wii, and xbox360 or a psp. why? coz all three consoles have been hacked to hell and can play game copies. he wont be chosing a console base on what has the games he wants, he'll be chosing base on which console has more "pirated games" readily available to buy.

Nah. It's out there - and could help someone decide. Remember - the Internet is forever.

I actually read that recently - about piracy overseas. Interesting post, Ils411.

madskillz said:
ils411 said:
madskillz said:

Nah. It's out there - and could help someone decide. Remember - the Internet is forever.

I actually read that recently - about piracy overseas. Interesting post, Ils411.

true, true.

If you never buy another game for it then yes you will regret it.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

@people

You judge me so easily. I assure you if I would have bought an xbox it will not be because of piracy though I've just stated the fact that xbox 360 appeals here in the Philippines because of piracy. Is it wrong of me if I've just stated that fact? I'm not lying and I don't need to.

Even if xbox has 1 dollar if it is nowhere near ps3 games and I can afford the price, why won't I not choose ps3? I hope you only advice me not insult me or judge me ^_^

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

Around the Network

Stop being stupid, buy the 360 then buy the pirated games. Within a year when you've got dozens of games to play because pirated copies are so damn cheap you'll feel a whole lot better than if you bought a PS3 for 2 decent exclusives.

Bobo012893 said:
makingmusic476 said:
ils411 said:
damn! i see a lot you have been foold by this piece of crap of a thread!

first, let me just say that we are in no way, late in gaming! in fact, we have a very healthy community of ps3, xbox360 and wii owners. we are all up to date with the latest in pc and home game console news. maybe "mr gamerinphilippines" was living under a rock and just decided to come out recently.

we all know that you'll be buying the xbox360 coz it can be modded to play game copies. we all know that you will never ever ever buy an original game! i can smell it in your stupid posts!

all this crap you've been sprouting is degrading to the rest of us Filipinos. we are not ignorant of gaming! we are not ignorant of the current generation. what you've posted is very irritating and full of lies! if i ever find out who the fuck you are you can bet your ass that i'm gonna find you and beat the shit out of you!

This post was kind've crazy, but you're long a long time poster and I'm keen to believe you.

This thread was strange from the get go:

"Will I not like my ps3 because the 360 sells so well?"

"I want a 360 for $1 games!"

"Killzone 2 will make the sales not matter!"

Seriously, wtf.

Those damn Fillipinos. You never know what they're gonna do next. One time I had one try to feed me powdered waffles out of a sand blaster.

It's very rare when someone can make me laugh as hard as I just did now. Bravo Bobo, bravo.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

GamerInPhilippines said:
@people

You judge me so easily. I assure you if I would have bought an xbox it will not be because of piracy though I've just stated the fact that xbox 360 appeals here in the Philippines because of piracy. Is it wrong of me if I've just stated that fact? I'm not lying and I don't need to.

Even if xbox has 1 dollar if it is nowhere near ps3 games and I can afford the price, why won't I not choose ps3? I hope you only advice me not insult me or judge me ^_^

In all honesty it is a really tough call, I mean I'm no saint and I have a modded 360. While I have bought a fair amount I still dl the majority of them, which was the reason I bought a 360 before a PS3 or Wii (Yes, I felt like I was betraying The Big N). In all honesty though when you compare the exclusives, in my opinion PS3 tends to have the upper edge,(not by much though) but, at the same time the 360 has more AAA titles, so it's really a hard call.

You should give the Wii a chance though. I  don't care what any of those assclowns out there say about it, it is a great gaming system and well worth the purchase. Your going to see a very strong lineup on the Wii this year and you should keep it in mind because when it comes down to it, it's about gameplay, not graphics.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Hey! I would say, go with the Xbox 360 if you find that a significant portion of your income is taken up by the price of the console or games. If you couldn't easily afford to say buy 1-2 games a month if you really wanted to then the price is probably above what is comfortable for you. I have no problem with people who pirate when they have a significantly lower income than myself. Its not fair to judge others when they don't have the same opportunities as yourself.

Tease.

Well. Given that yuve played mostly on Playstation brand until now, you probably will be more comfortable with the PS3 controller. Although if yu have a chance to pick up a 360 controller and feel it I would recommend doing that.

All in all I feel the controller is the most important determination (all biases and tech points aside). If you plan on putting your hands through hundreds of hours of gaming, yull want the controller that feels best to you.

Exclusive titles. Well. there are some good threads here that list them, or at least list the PS3 ones for 2009. the 2008 titles yu may wanna look at too. Really this is a category of to each his own. The easiest way is to genre-cast it though. It looks like 260 is getting RPG heavier all the time. Fable II and Mass Effect (hybrid) are two major, major 360 exclusives. Racing games also seem to be a strong point for 360. Action/Shooters.. it really just depends on what game you really want and what will appeal to you. If KZ2 is it, than there ya go, if not, maybe Gears. No to Gears, hey GOd of War is solid. I think there is pretty even compitetion for the most part, the rest is just bias. The happy thing is Bioshock, MK vs DC, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Call of Duty WaW is on both.

Also, you may want to look into downloadable titles available on XBLA and Home. Until recently I think theres been no comparrison, but I thinnk SONY has stepped up now. still games like Galaga Legions and Castle Crashers, make 360 much more appealing to me personally.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself