By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

ils411 said:
GamerInPhilippines said:
ils411 said:
Squilliam said:
Hey! I would say, go with the Xbox 360 if you find that a significant portion of your income is taken up by the price of the console or games. If you couldn't easily afford to say buy 1-2 games a month if you really wanted to then the price is probably above what is comfortable for you. I have no problem with people who pirate when they have a significantly lower income than myself. Its not fair to judge others when they don't have the same opportunities as yourself.

neither do i, my beef is gamerinphilippines is generalizing us as a people and assuming that all Filipinos are pirates, he's also implying that we are dumbasses who know very little of the gaming world around us and that we are not yet ready for this generation? what the fuck is that!

maybe he's not ready coz he's a total morron! but by my account, 7th gen here started and was embraced the same time as the xbox360 was first launched! hell, there are xbox360 owners here with the original launch consoles that are still alive and kicking.

seriously, i have to repeat this, if i ever find out who this morron is, ill track him down and beat the shit out of him!

yup, that means you gamerinphilippines! tang ina mo! gago!

Wow, I never said that ALL Filipinos are pirates. I'm just stating the fact that the MAJORITY are pirates and it is a sad, very very sad. Do you think I'm proud of that? That shows how little the power of our authorities. But we cannot pretend that what I've said that majority of Filipino gamers are pirates is not true and it is useless to avoid reality. Why don't you google piracy in the Philippines? Have you ever been to Divisoria, Quiapo and Greenhills?

1. Who said we are dumbasses and know little about gaming world? Did you know that Philippines have won and became runner up for so many times in different international gaming tournaments? It seems that you're just comprehending my statement to what only your brain can understand. No wonder with a guy having a mentality like you make me ashamed to be a Filipino more than the fact of Philippine piracy.

Prove me wrong that what I've said about majority of Filipinos embrace piracy is a lie. And I repeat, why would I lie when asking for opinion of which is the better console between 360 and PS3 was my objective?

Yeah, 360 was launched here simultaneously with other countries. But the question is, how fast do the 7th gen console here is selling compare to the 6th gen here at the same point of their lifetime? 2. You're self oriented, the majority is neither you nor me, but at least, if you judge a person such as me, try to view in the general perspective, not only on yours. If you review my posts, I was careful to state my view in  the general way not personal and I was careful to separate my opinion.

Seriously dude, if you want to threat be sure it's frightening. Yup, that means you ils411!  3.WALA KANG BAYAG! BAKLA! ULOL!

@iron_megalith

what you smelled happened to be true lol ^_^ it seems that everyone is answering nicely to my questions except for a few and one these is also a FILIPINO like me... so sad

1. you did dumb ass!! by saying that we are late in embracing the 7th gen and implying that the 6th gen has just peaked here is implying that we are slow. that we are behind the times...

2. do what you preach deepshit!

3. if i have no balls and am a fagot, you are a mother fucker! asshole! 

what's sad is you generalizing our people! idiot! 

wow guys, cut the aggression! gaming is supposed to be fun after all. sheesh. Don't you know that all internet fights end in tears?

Anyway, @OP If we're going to try help you get to a decision, we need a bit more info from you.

Firstly, besides gaming, what else would you like to do with a console? (watch d/led movies, music, photos etc. or is gaming more important to you?)

2: Is online ability important to your decision?

3: does MS or Sony have a support center near you?

4: does either Sony or MS have an online portal near you?

5: which console do most of your friends have?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

lol at the piracy comments... X360 games for 1$ :p man does the seller even make a profit there? :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

OP: Let me guess, are you one of those folks who don't buy cell phones because there might be a better one out soon?
Why would people stop buying games because better ones might show up in the future? It makes no sense.

Hephaestos said:
lol at the piracy comments... X360 games for 1$ :p man does the seller even make a profit there? :p

That's why it's called pirated ^_^

@everyone

I can see that everyone of you were shocked at the pirated thing. Lol, anyways, I don't care about that, what I really care is the fun and satisfaction that I would feel when I buy the right console. ^_^

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

There arn't as many Playstation exclusives as before anymore (timed or otherwise) but the ones that are look really good (MGS4, LPB, Uncharted, Valkryie). If your a Sony fanboy cause of Killzone & GOW than get a PS3. Otherwise get the 360. It has more top games with great graphics that rival the best the PS3 has to offer and most of the cross platform games are superior on the 360 and it's online functions are better. Plus you save a good few games worth of cash.

Around the Network

get a ps3, considering the fact that you can afford a HDTV you should be able to afford ps3 games.

btw piracy is rampant is pakistan as well but people have begun to abandon it this gen. Here you can get a 360 game for around $0.33 but despite that almost everybody has stuck with the ps3

Initiating social expirement #928719281

@ badassbab: most of the cross platform games are negligably better on 360. Some apparently look better on PS3 but overall, the difference is barely visible.

And to add, online may not be as good (still a matter of opinion), the online is free.

In any case @ TS: There are a few easy steps imho.

1) which games do you like? Are they exclusive, then lean towards that console, if they are multiplats, then normally you should lean towards the 360, since it's cheaper overall.

2) Do you want other things to do with your console? If so: which ones? Depending on your choice (movies, downloadables, pictures, storage, internet, online gaming), you should lean towards either console.

3) I'm guessing that your friends also influence your decision. Most people buy what their friends have.

If they are not the thing you base your decision on, perhaps it's online play? Online play is said to be better on the 360, but it comes at a cost, while PS3 is said to have an inferior online play, but it's free and it does its job.

All in all, you can speak in favour of each console, but since you have to make a decision (which you should've already been able to do seeing how many answers you've gotten in this thread), we can't really make that call.

Personally, I could list all the benefits I see in a PS3, while someone else could probably say the exact same things about a 360, rendering each argument useless.

There's the "better online free online"

There's the "better multiplats negligable difference, and recent versions don't show differences"

There's the "cheaper more to offer"

There's the "more higher rated titles longer on the market, better first party"

and so much more.

It all really depends on which arguments tickle your fantasy and make you go for a particular console.

I suggest you go for a gameboy :p Neither console would suffer or win and no one here will be happy with your choice ^^

@ils411

You really act as if you are a faggot, don't include that "if" on your statement cause indeed you really are one. You already admitted it lol. And if you're planning to insult someone such as me, be sure that it cannot be used against you. ^_^ Only fools do that like you.

I bet most of readers here are disgusted on you. Look at your posts compared to mine. I already have thousands of members having tons of pm's on me saying that ur such an embarassment to the Philippines. Do you know the word "calm" ? You don't even have any breeding, you only have the "breed", cause act like a dog lol. I guess ur a dalmatian though...

And please if your planning to spam me with your fanatic messages, please study grammar first. It will be a shame on the Philippine race.

And again, please don't post here in my thread if you only want to insult, you did not even answer any of my questions. 

@everyone

I never doubted PS3's potential but the question is, when will I see it? And thanks for the answers, ur opinions really help  me decide ^_^

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

I did not start it lol

But that will be my last since insulting was not my intention when making this thread anyway. I only responded to let anyone know that I don't tolerate insults.

Anyways, a friend told me to wait until march if I'm planning to buy a PS3. According to him, there will be a PS3 price cut. I told him where did he get the info. He did not give me a source but he said if I google'd it, I would see rumors of the price cut. Is this true?

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

Rumors yes, but only rumors. Sony has denied it time and time again (although they also did that with the previous drop).

On the other hand, many sources believe they have to drop it at that point, and even MS has alluded to that fact (although many believe they are just doing so to make people postpone their purchase, like you :p).

The rumors of a price drop were always around, even before the holidays (since everyone then thought they needed a price cut before the holidays).

On the other hand, sony themselves have said that they are close to being profitable on the PS3 and that they will keep gunning for profit, so that may mean that a price cut is pretty far off (a sentiment that also holds some truth in it).

So all in all: no way of telling whether there will be a price cut. And if there isn't one, and you've waited, you will have lost a month of PS3 playtime :p