By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

Squilliam said:
Hey! I would say, go with the Xbox 360 if you find that a significant portion of your income is taken up by the price of the console or games. If you couldn't easily afford to say buy 1-2 games a month if you really wanted to then the price is probably above what is comfortable for you. I have no problem with people who pirate when they have a significantly lower income than myself. Its not fair to judge others when they don't have the same opportunities as yourself.

neither do i, my beef is gamerinphilippines is generalizing us as a people and assuming that all Filipinos are pirates, he's also implying that we are dumbasses who know very little of the gaming world around us and that we are not yet ready for this generation? what the fuck is that!

maybe he's not ready coz he's a total morron! but by my account, 7th gen here started and was embraced the same time as the xbox360 was first launched! hell, there are xbox360 owners here with the original launch consoles that are still alive and kicking.

seriously, i have to repeat this, if i ever find out who this morron is, ill track him down and beat the shit out of him!

yup, that means you gamerinphilippines! tang ina mo! gago!

Around the Network

Brad I suggest you get a 360 for now. I understand the weight of your decision. If you wish for a bigger library I suggest 360.

Lol, just get a PS3.

You won't regret it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ils411 said:
Squilliam said:
Hey! I would say, go with the Xbox 360 if you find that a significant portion of your income is taken up by the price of the console or games. If you couldn't easily afford to say buy 1-2 games a month if you really wanted to then the price is probably above what is comfortable for you. I have no problem with people who pirate when they have a significantly lower income than myself. Its not fair to judge others when they don't have the same opportunities as yourself.

neither do i, my beef is gamerinphilippines is generalizing us as a people and assuming that all Filipinos are pirates, he's also implying that we are dumbasses who know very little of the gaming world around us and that we are not yet ready for this generation? what the fuck is that!

maybe he's not ready coz he's a total morron! but by my account, 7th gen here started and was embraced the same time as the xbox360 was first launched! hell, there are xbox360 owners here with the original launch consoles that are still alive and kicking.

seriously, i have to repeat this, if i ever find out who this morron is, ill track him down and beat the shit out of him!

LOLZ!

Spicy words from Bobo... Let's be less offensive on those words. Although I do smell the same thing happening.

ils411 said:
Squilliam said:

Wow, I never said that ALL Filipinos are pirates. I'm just stating the fact that the MAJORITY are pirates and it is a sad, very very sad. Do you think I'm proud of that? That shows how little the power of our authorities. But we cannot pretend that what I've said that majority of Filipino gamers are pirates is not true and it is useless to avoid reality. Why don't you google piracy in the Philippines? Have you ever been to Divisoria, Quiapo and Greenhills?

Who said we are dumbasses and know little about gaming world? Did you know that Philippines have won and became runner up for so many times in different international gaming tournaments? It seems that you're just comprehending my statement to what only your brain can understand. No wonder with a guy having a mentality like you make me ashamed to be a Filipino more than the fact of Philippine piracy.

Prove me wrong that what I've said about majority of Filipinos embrace piracy is a lie. And I repeat, why would I lie when asking for opinion of which is the better console between 360 and PS3 was my objective?

Yeah, 360 was launched here simultaneously with other countries. But the question is, how fast do the 7th gen console here is selling compare to the 6th gen here at the same point of their lifetime? You're self oriented, the majority is neither you nor me, but at least, if you judge a person such as me, try to view in the general perspective, not only on yours. If you review my posts, I was careful to state my view in  the general way not personal and I was careful to separate my opinion.

Seriously dude, if you want to threat be sure it's frightening. Yup, that means you ils411!  WALA KANG BAYAG! BAKLA! ULOL!

@iron_megalith

what you smelled happened to be true lol ^_^ it seems that everyone is answering nicely to my questions except for a few and one these is also a FILIPINO like me... so sad

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

Around the Network
GamerInPhilippines said:
ils411 said:
Squilliam said:

Wow, I never said that ALL Filipinos are pirates. I'm just stating the fact that the MAJORITY are pirates and it is a sad, very very sad. Do you think I'm proud of that? That shows how little the power of our authorities. But we cannot pretend that what I've said that majority of Filipino gamers are pirates is not true and it is useless to avoid reality. Why don't you google piracy in the Philippines? Have you ever been to Divisoria, Quiapo and Greenhills?

1. Who said we are dumbasses and know little about gaming world? Did you know that Philippines have won and became runner up for so many times in different international gaming tournaments? It seems that you're just comprehending my statement to what only your brain can understand. No wonder with a guy having a mentality like you make me ashamed to be a Filipino more than the fact of Philippine piracy.

Prove me wrong that what I've said about majority of Filipinos embrace piracy is a lie. And I repeat, why would I lie when asking for opinion of which is the better console between 360 and PS3 was my objective?

Yeah, 360 was launched here simultaneously with other countries. But the question is, how fast do the 7th gen console here is selling compare to the 6th gen here at the same point of their lifetime? 2. You're self oriented, the majority is neither you nor me, but at least, if you judge a person such as me, try to view in the general perspective, not only on yours. If you review my posts, I was careful to state my view in  the general way not personal and I was careful to separate my opinion.

Seriously dude, if you want to threat be sure it's frightening. Yup, that means you ils411!  3.WALA KANG BAYAG! BAKLA! ULOL!

@iron_megalith

what you smelled happened to be true lol ^_^ it seems that everyone is answering nicely to my questions except for a few and one these is also a FILIPINO like me... so sad

1. you did dumb ass!! by saying that we are late in embracing the 7th gen and implying that the 6th gen has just peaked here is implying that we are slow. that we are behind the times...

2. do what you preach deepshit!

3. if i have no balls and am a fagot, you are a mother fucker! asshole! 

what's sad is you generalizing our people! idiot! 

The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

I've no idea what MS spent on Halo but Halo is not known for graphics, it's known for incredibly balanced online play that doesn't get old for a very long time (just look at the number of people still playing it online every day a year and a half after it's launch - with the possible exception of COD4, nothing comes close in terms of competetive online play.

Halo's graphics are "very good" but they are not incredible.  Gears is far more of a graphical treat (both Gears 1 and Gears 2) - but for Gears it's online play is "very good" but not incredible.

Killzone - well, remains to be seen for me (have PS3, don't have demo code) - beautiful graphics are a great thing to have, but it needs more if I'm going to spend my time and money on it.

C8 said:
The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

I've no idea what MS spent on Halo but Halo is not known for graphics, it's known for incredibly balanced online play that doesn't get old for a very long time (just look at the number of people still playing it online every day a year and a half after it's launch - with the possible exception of COD4, nothing comes close in terms of competetive online play.

Halo's graphics are "very good" but they are not incredible.  Gears is far more of a graphical treat (both Gears 1 and Gears 2) - but for Gears it's online play is "very good" but not incredible.

Killzone - well, remains to be seen for me (have PS3, don't have demo code) - beautiful graphics are a great thing to have, but it needs more if I'm going to spend my time and money on it.

The original Halo for the Xbox certainly was hailed for it's graphical presentation for the time.    This new 'reasoning' about Halo being all about "balanced online play" and garbage is just a defense mechanism for a game that has yielded disappointing graphics for the past two iterations.

Halo is a great game though, but acting like graphics wasn't much of a concern in it's design is a total fallacy.

C8 said:
The_God_of_War said:

Make a Europe account.

Anyway, have you bought a PS3 yet?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Unless you plan to play one game for the rest of your natural life, and you want that one game to be the best ever, I can't see any reason why you would regret buying a good game. Every game will eventually be surpassed by something bigger and better (except Metal Gear Solid 3). Just live in the moment and enjoy yourself. Quit worrying so damn much!