By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

I dont think MS will not be releasing anything greater than Killzone 2 in at least a year because GOW2 has just been out and the best shooter they can come up with this year will be Halo3:ODST,which is not even a full game.
BTW,GOW2 multiplayer sucks and Halo3 is old and outdated when compared to Killzone2.
You should watch some vids and read some reviews about Killzone2.Most people,including the xbots,will tell you that it rocks.The demo is gorgeous and definately awesome but since it's really short(about 5-10 minutes gameplay),you can tell much about the full game from the demo.

Around the Network
GamerInPhilippines said:
@everyone

Based on what you've said, it seems to me that majority think that MS cannot make a game that will match killzone 2. If that really is the case then PS3 is a buy to me now ^_^ But... is this really the case? Please enlighten me more ^_^

@pristine

I know that is a very practical way. But if I can afford the best, why would I settle for anything less? The only problem is I can only afford ONE console (Gaming is not my whole life lol I have other concerns also) so I should carefully choose which is the best, right? I don't want to end regretting like he did--------------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFNMva56Wo
If and only if that really is the case ^_^

If you can only afford "one" console then I'd say price is on your radar. It would make the most sense to get the console you'll  be buying games for $1 for. That's what I think. I'd definitely have a 360 right now if I could buy it's games for $1 because I couldn't care less about xbox live. I didn't pay for it for my xbox and won't pay now either.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@pristine
You have a point. Maybe it's only just my sony fanboy side of me that's keeping me away from buying 360...

I'm afraid to buy 360 because as of now the best games are in PS3. However, I'm also afraid to buy PS3 because of the fear that MS might release a game that will match or outwit PS3's upcoming games. See, the conflicting emotions? It's just that I'm thinking if which of these two fears are to be disregarded with the help of my research and everyone's opinion.

If I had the money, I would not ask my questions in the first place lol. I'd buy those two right away. ^_^

But since I'm financially limited, one has to be disregarded...

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

yeah you picked the wrong website to ask this question. the users on this site definatley have a leaning towards the PS3. I own all three and play my 360 most though PS3 gets alot of attention as well. Personally I would say get the 360 but really its all about what you prefer.

Oh and the whole graphics argument between K2 and Gears 2 to put it simply K2 looks better in every way EXCEPT textures. Gears 2's textures are definatley better but besides that K2 smokes it.

Well the ps3 is a more powerful machine then the 360 on paper. Killzone 2 looks way way better then any other console game. The 360's best looking game is gears 2 and even that has frame rate issues in places. killzone 2 runs as smooth as butter. if you can only get one console then you should get the ps3. you get more for your money. free online, blu ray, wifi. Wireless bluetooth controller and more. the 360 controller needs batteries. plus they are more prown to break then the ps3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
GamerInPhilippines said:
@pristine
You have a point. Maybe it's only just my sony fanboy side of me that's keeping me away from buying 360...

I'm afraid to buy 360 because as of now the best games are in PS3. However, I'm also afraid to buy PS3 because of the fear that MS might release a game that will match or outwit PS3's upcoming games. See, the conflicting emotions? It's just that I'm thinking if which of these two fears are to be disregarded with the help of my research and everyone's opinion.

If I had the money, I would not ask my questions in the first place lol. I'd buy those two right away. ^_^

But since I'm financially limited, one has to be disregarded...

Don't get me wrong. I'm a sony fan myself and don't have or plan to buy a 360 but if I had the option of $1 games or potentially >$60 games, in that case, the choice is obvious. Even if you don't like the games, fos $1, you can't even complain.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@BenVTrigger

I know it is I who will choose a console in the end but I believe a well thought opinion and facts will deeply convince me to the right path.

For example: I want an iphone but due to a thorough research, I was convinced to take other mp3 player instead. As of now I'm completely satisfied with my current mp3 player. If I did not research, I would have been regretful if I bought an iphone.

^_^

@Pristine

I understand your position. But aren't there pirated 360 games in US also? I have a question, suppose you only have an Xbox 360 and you buy games for 1 dollar each, will it give you satisfaction more knowing that you think there a lot better games which you will never have? Granted, the price difference, but will you really not be regretful if you choose other console for that matter assuming that you can afford the expensive games? ^_^

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

Buy a system based on the entire library, not this game or that. And NOT as an ego thing to keep up with the Joneses. If you end up regretting buying a PS3 because Microsoft trumps KZ2, then you bought the system for the wrong reasons.

blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

Excuse me?

Halo 3 had less than HALF the budget of Killzone 2 based on the information we have available to us.  Killzone 2 also had over a year's extra development and three seperate studios working on it.

After all this, the game only looks marginally better than Gears of War 2. 

@ OP.

If you feel you genuinely need to play Killzone 2 then purchase a PS3.  But if you are a shooter fan in general, the Xbox 360 has more, better shooters than the Playstation 3.  In addition, it also has a wider library of high rated games.

did you play it? i played both on a HD tv and saying marginally better is saying that oprah is marginally uglier than Angelina jolie..

Get my drift?

AND who are you trying to fool? higher rated games? when? was i sleeping? jk

but dude get the ps3 is more bang for your buck its a sony product so you know they will treat u right especially since they update it every 2 months or so

Get it

/end thread

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

GamerInPhilippines said:

@BenVTrigger

I know it is I who will choose a console in the end but I believe a well thought opinion and facts will deeply convince me to the right path.

For example: I want an iphone but due to a thorough research, I was convinced to take other mp3 player instead. As of now I'm completely satisfied with my current mp3 player. If I did not research, I would have been regretful if I bought an iphone.

^_^

@Pristine

I understand your position. But aren't there pirated 360 games in US also? I have a question, suppose you only have an Xbox 360 and you buy games for 1 dollar each, will it give you satisfaction more knowing that you think there a lot better games which you will never have? Granted, the price difference, but will you really not be regretful if you choose other console for that matter assuming that you can afford the expensive games? ^_^

We win some and lose some. I think Star Ocean 4 may be great but I'll never play it if it doesn't come to ps3 and I won't lose any sleep over it. In the US, yes you can get pirated 360 games off torrent files and go through the trouble of pirating your 360 (which is risky considering that you'd need M$ when it RRODs) but it's nowhere compared to the Phillipines where you can probably buy already pirated 360s plus already pirated games right from the store. Plus, I would think a dollar means a lot more over there than here in the US. So games for >$60 or $1, there's no contest. You could have 60 360 games for a single ps3 game.