By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I regret buying Killzone 2 PS3 if MS made better games given the time?

blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

Excuse me?

Halo 3 had less than HALF the budget of Killzone 2 based on the information we have available to us.  Killzone 2 also had over a year's extra development and three seperate studios working on it.

After all this, the game only looks marginally better than Gears of War 2. 

@ OP.

If you feel you genuinely need to play Killzone 2 then purchase a PS3.  But if you are a shooter fan in general, the Xbox 360 has more, better shooters than the Playstation 3.  In addition, it also has a wider library of high rated games.

Where is this information? And I said it took "around" as long as KZ2. There was a 3 year gap between H2 & H3, while KZ2 is releasing 3 and a half years after being revealed.

Around the Network
blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:
Halo 3 took around as long as KZ 2 with a similar budget. And it doesn't look as good, nowhere near. And if MS did ever make something like KZ 2, I don't see why you would regret getting a PS3, just get a 360 as well. And yes, the demo really is incredible.

Excuse me?

Halo 3 had less than HALF the budget of Killzone 2 based on the information we have available to us.  Killzone 2 also had over a year's extra development and three seperate studios working on it.

@ OP.

If you feel you genuinely need to play Killzone 2 then purchase a PS3.  But if you are a shooter fan in general, the Xbox 360 has more, better shooters than the Playstation 3.  In addition, it also has a wider library of high rated games.

What the fuck are you talking about? Marginally better than Gears of War? It's MUTHAFUCKING KILLZONE 2 BITCH!!!

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

LOL @ THE "ONLY MARGINALLY BETTER THAN GEARS" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Well, if you can afford the games, then go for it. If your poor and can only afford a system with piracy, 360 is your deal.

But since your a PS fanboy, you NEED to get a PS3 to show your pride. There are a ton of PS3 games coming out soon that will be phenominal. If you can't afford the games, ask your family that live in the "States [lol]" for the games. PS3 is region free so you can play games from anywhere.

Also, you cannot pirate PS3 games, that's what makes it bad for filipinos in the Philippines :P. But trust me, it is worth all the money you spend on it, 360 cost's basically the same as PS3 if you count all the add ons.

If your family can pay for it, then get it. If you are poor, wait for the price to drop.

Filipino pride :P

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

The_God_of_War said:
blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:

Excuse me?

@ OP.

Where is this information? And I said it took "around" as long as KZ2. There was a 3 year gap between H2 & H3, while KZ2 is releasing 3 and a half years after being revealed.

Three year gap between two games releasing differs greatly from a gap between a game being revealed and it's release date.

Killzone 2 would have been in development 6 months MINIMUM and probably closer to a year before being revealed.

@ others.

Whilst I'm quite sure Bobo was joking, people that feel Killzone 2 is anything more than one incremental notch up from Gears of War 2 graphically speaking need to remove their fanboy coloured glasses for a moment and smell the roses.

Anyone that feels the need to "laugh at and taunt" those that view Kilzone 2 as less than the second coming of Christ needs to seek professional help at the earliest possible opportunity.

Around the Network
blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:
blue-lady said:
The_God_of_War said:

Excuse me?

@ OP.

Three year gap between two games releasing differs greatly from a gap between a game being revealed and it's release date.

Killzone 2 would have been in development 6 months MINIMUM and probably closer to a year before being revealed.

@ others.

Whilst I'm quite sure Bobo was joking, people that feel Killzone 2 is anything more than one incremental notch up from Gears of War 2 graphically speaking need to remove their fanboy coloured glasses for a moment and smell the roses.

Anyone that feels the need to "laugh at and taunt" those that view Kilzone 2 as less than the second coming of Christ needs to seek professional help at the earliest possible opportunity.

I wasn't joking. Killzone 2 is the second coming of christ. This game looks so good that I would literally get down on my knees and suck some big hairy juicy balls just to play it.

P.S. Killzone 2's development time was actually less than that of halo 3's considering Guerilla had to make  Liberation in the process and they only started out with 40 people.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

You may be better off with a 360. Buying games for $1 is a steal.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Ms make better games LMFAO op wtf is wrong with you ???

sony has so many first party game studios which means lots of games will be available only on PS3.

you won't regret the PS3 .it's awesome.It's a relaible game machine that plays Bluray high def movies ,and browses internet.Online gaming is also free for every one.

plus uncharted 2 , God of War III, heavy rain,MAg,Infamous,DC universe online,the next ratchet,quantum theory,WKC...are all gonna come out within the next year

@everyone

Based on what you've said, it seems to me that majority think that MS cannot make a game that will match killzone 2. If that really is the case then PS3 is a buy to me now ^_^ But... is this really the case? Please enlighten me more ^_^

@pristine

I know that is a very practical way. But if I can afford the best, why would I settle for anything less? The only problem is I can only afford ONE console (Gaming is not my whole life lol I have other concerns also) so I should carefully choose which is the best, right? I don't want to end regretting like he did--------------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFNMva56Wo
If and only if that really is the case ^_^

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^