By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh Yeah Killzone 2 Demo Is Up!!!

well that was fast lol. very short demo. i really liked it though.. only thing i would change is that you dont need to hold l2 to cover. i think itd be better if once you hit it you stay locked in cover mode until you hit it again. like i said in my previous post, its difficult to use the scope using alternate 2, maybe ill try a diff control scheme

Around the Network

does anyone knows how many downloads the demo have so far?.

Skeeuk said:
lol right at end of game where ui keep buddioe alive for him to hack terminal..........anyone notice a helgast lies down on floor under table and shoots gun towards u lol superb

YEAH! I thought he was dead, I was thinking "WTF, why is that corpse shooting me?"

Brilliant.

I actually cheated a little, put it one setting above the logo being "barely visible". It would be too dark otherwise.

The grey-brown graphics go really well in a game like KZ2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

On the topic of guns...the ISA one was really good, I just couldn't use the Helghast one. There was no dot sight! I didn't manage to get that special one from the guy on the roof, though. I'll try for that next time.

mtlca66 said:
well that was fast lol. very short demo. i really liked it though.. only thing i would change is that you dont need to hold l2 to cover. i think itd be better if once you hit it you stay locked in cover mode until you hit it again. like i said in my previous post, its difficult to use the scope using alternate 2, maybe ill try a diff control scheme

U can remove it in controller settings where it says zoom.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
mtlca66 said:

U can remove it in controller settings where it says zoom.

if you're talking about the "hold to zoom" yeah i tried that, not my style when zoom is l1, i used the standard 1 on second playthough.. found that easier for the cover system. having r3 as zoom (without holding) while holding l2 to stay covered was hella easier. lol

windbane said:

1.  Bad button layout with only 6 presets that bugged the mess out of me, if you're going to have presets have more then 6 or do the smart thing and allow for customization, GG should know better as they were PC guys and how important customization is.

No toggle crouch (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use) Note: it amazes me they don't have this but have toggle zoom

No toggling cover (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use)

2.  Invisible walls, I saw a path I thought I could walk to tackle the objective from another route, so it made the game seem linear, no multiple ways to take on a task.

3.  Needless to say I did a lot of tooling around in the demo trying to see where this game innovated or made FPS games on a console better and other then graphics and enemy AI, though that AI was stupid and hoping the final product will be better.  And from the demo I saw little innovation

1.  6 presets are plenty, considering the so many people prefer Alternate 2 because it's just like every other FPS released lately.  Everyone else seems to like Standard 1.  Those are both great options and there's really nothing that needs changing.

Also, you contradict yourself because you say that GG should know from PC development (which is odd because they only developed 1 PC game prior to Killzone and it was 3rd person, but whatever) that you need customization.  But unless you are crazy, you'll be able to adapt to 1 of those 2 best options.  But the contradiction lies in the fact that crouch is always toggle on PC.  I love toggle crouch.  There is very little need to ever hit both of those buttons at once when you used standard 1 because melee is L1.

That's also why zoom is toggle by default beacuse you can tap that and forget holding it.  Toggle for crouch would be annoying because you'd have to hit a button to get out of cover rather than just let it go.  That's why many like zoom hold, too, but that's not really an issue for me.  On PC, zoom is already right click (toggle) and crouch is always hold (usually ctrl for me).  Now that I've gotten used to zoom being R3 (I like melee at L1), Standard is the best option to me, but like I said, those options are great.

2.  Every game has invisible walls.  It's just a matter of where they are.  They seem to all have barbed wire or a huge body of water, though.  The game has multiple approaches and different enemies show up depending on which path you take through the linear gameplay.

3.  I'm really impressed by the AI, and there are 2 difficulties higher than Normal.  I just wish I didn't have to beat the game to get the hardest difficulty.

And I love how you try to rebuttal a personal experience and opinion of said game. 

If you really want to get into it, no 6 presets are not enough especially when the standard preset works well for when you're taking cover and alt 2 works well for the rest of the game, it's a huge flaw in a game when you need to change settings to use the cover system with ease and comfort.  Which is why I said customize your own controls cause no one can complain about that, so simply, you have no idea what you're talking about cause you can't say my opinion is wrong, I've played better controlling FPS games and to have settings like in killzone 2 it bothers me, especially when in this day and age there should either be presets for every combination or close to it, or custom controls cause it's not that hard to do as many developers confess and when a game has been in development since 2005 (or maybe late 2004 not sure) someone could have easily programed that in there.

Yes every game has invisable walls that are hidden as walls... not paths that look like you can walk down but you can't.  Brilliant.

I said I liked the AI it was creative just not that smart on a normal difficulty but if I'm not dicking around AI like that could never kill me... simple as that.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
windbane said:

1.  Bad button layout with only 6 presets that bugged the mess out of me, if you're going to have presets have more then 6 or do the smart thing and allow for customization, GG should know better as they were PC guys and how important customization is.

No toggle crouch (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use) Note: it amazes me they don't have this but have toggle zoom

No toggling cover (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use)

2.  Invisible walls, I saw a path I thought I could walk to tackle the objective from another route, so it made the game seem linear, no multiple ways to take on a task.

3.  Needless to say I did a lot of tooling around in the demo trying to see where this game innovated or made FPS games on a console better and other then graphics and enemy AI, though that AI was stupid and hoping the final product will be better.  And from the demo I saw little innovation

1.  6 presets are plenty, considering the so many people prefer Alternate 2 because it's just like every other FPS released lately.  Everyone else seems to like Standard 1.  Those are both great options and there's really nothing that needs changing.

Also, you contradict yourself because you say that GG should know from PC development (which is odd because they only developed 1 PC game prior to Killzone and it was 3rd person, but whatever) that you need customization.  But unless you are crazy, you'll be able to adapt to 1 of those 2 best options.  But the contradiction lies in the fact that crouch is always toggle on PC.  I love toggle crouch.  There is very little need to ever hit both of those buttons at once when you used standard 1 because melee is L1.

That's also why zoom is toggle by default beacuse you can tap that and forget holding it.  Toggle for crouch would be annoying because you'd have to hit a button to get out of cover rather than just let it go.  That's why many like zoom hold, too, but that's not really an issue for me.  On PC, zoom is already right click (toggle) and crouch is always hold (usually ctrl for me).  Now that I've gotten used to zoom being R3 (I like melee at L1), Standard is the best option to me, but like I said, those options are great.

2.  Every game has invisible walls.  It's just a matter of where they are.  They seem to all have barbed wire or a huge body of water, though.  The game has multiple approaches and different enemies show up depending on which path you take through the linear gameplay.

3.  I'm really impressed by the AI, and there are 2 difficulties higher than Normal.  I just wish I didn't have to beat the game to get the hardest difficulty.

And I love how you try to rebuttal a personal experience and opinion of said game. 

If you really want to get into it, no 6 presets are not enough especially when the standard preset works well for when you're taking cover and alt 2 works well for the rest of the game, it's a huge flaw in a game when you need to change settings to use the cover system with ease and comfort.  Which is why I said customize your own controls cause no one can complain about that, so simply, you have no idea what you're talking about cause you can't say my opinion is wrong, I've played better controlling FPS games and to have settings like in killzone 2 it bothers me, especially when in this day and age there should either be presets for every combination or close to it, or custom controls cause it's not that hard to do as many developers confess and when a game has been in development since 2005 (or maybe late 2004 not sure) someone could have easily programed that in there.

Yes every game has invisable walls that are hidden as walls... not paths that look like you can walk down but you can't.  Brilliant.

I said I liked the AI it was creative just not that smart on a normal difficulty but if I'm not dicking around AI like that could never kill me... simple as that.

It's Normal difficulty. The second easiest. The third hardest. It's the first level. It's meant to be easy.

OT: How do I get that guy down? I tried a grenade, but I don't think it reached him. I'll try again next time. I've now beaten this demo four times, I think my record for a demo is the ten or so times I beat TFU, but to be fair that had three difficulties, and I'm not even nearly done with this one. I beat Uncharted 3 times, VC four times.

Kantor said:
Skeeuk said:
lol right at end of game where ui keep buddioe alive for him to hack terminal..........anyone notice a helgast lies down on floor under table and shoots gun towards u lol superb

YEAH! I thought he was dead, I was thinking "WTF, why is that corpse shooting me?"

Brilliant.

I actually cheated a little, put it one setting above the logo being "barely visible". It would be too dark otherwise.

The grey-brown graphics go really well in a game like KZ2.

its the best AI ive ever seen.

cod AI they just shoot and hide and respawn right in front of you.

halo AI again they just shoot and hide, plus them gimpy things they run in circles.

but in killzone they are far far better, the enemies act awsomely. i cnt wait to try full game out. kz2 isnt the most ace game ever made, but one thing for sure its a stunning AAA title and a brilliant exclusive to start ps3 owners off in 2009.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

great demo really great but short.