By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh Yeah Killzone 2 Demo Is Up!!!

Kantor said:
twesterm said:
Played it and it wasn't bad. It ended right at about the point I was getting the hang of things and didn't really leave me with a wanting to play more at the moment.

I didn't wholly get the cover system at first and once I got it it wasn't bad. It could be because I wasn't use to it yet but I'm not a huge fan of it. It was odd to get into and wasn't always sure when I was stuck in cover.

Also, I hate the turning. The delay is stupid. And then running while reloading is horrible. I hate how it tilts the camera, it actually made me a little nauseous.

That all said, the game looked incredible. I'm glad to see the delivered on their promise to make the game look good. Can't say much more about that, the game looked incredible.

Also, the grenades are pretty cool. I never really thought about how every other game just instantly throws them but this one actually throws them and lets you hold them (and potentially hold them too long).

You buying it, then?

Haven't decided yet.  It's at the end of this month when nothing else is coming out so that's a big plus for it but I still have to get around to finish Fallout 3, Resistanc 2, and Call of Duty 4.  I'll likely get it if the reviews stays good (which I expect them to), just probably not at launch.

Around the Network

this might have been asked before , but does any one know the download numbers of the demo ,as MS are bragging about halowars demo download numbers and i was wondering how do the kz2 demo numbers compare

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

demo is class recomended for ne1 hu hasnt got it
soooo gd ive preordered

I want this game BAD now... I'm keen as to play through it all, I can see myself missioning my way through the whole game. Unfortunately I can't have it this weekend as it would be the perfect opportunity to get some play time.

I like ALT 2 but the cover this is correct, it's retarded to use the zoom scope while in cover, so basically a useless control style which has everything else correct. I personally dislike pressing the joystick as a button in Standard 1 but that's how I will play. I also hate joystick button when running as well, it's annoying.

Kantor you sound like a rabbid fanboy in a lot of these posts... realise this - not everyone is going to like this game.

To me, I wanted this game to be the first really 'next gen' game that I'd play.

I want everything that I've felt about the game to continue, but invisible walls take me out of the experience and it makes me lose a little bit of the 'feeling' that I had before that.

The AI is incredible though, I don't know how people can say it's not. On the harder difficulties (as long as harder doesn't just = less health for you) I think this game will really shine.

I noticed quite a few times that I would kill a guy near a ledge, and he would 'pop' to the falling off the edge animation, when realistically the impact of my bullet shouldn't have propelled him in that direction - it took me out of the experience again, and again a little disappointing.

Game is good and I have to reserve judgement until I play the whole thing (i know i'm going to love it) but I am a harsh critic and it's not perfect so it'll probably deserve about an 7.5 or 8/10.

First game I plan on buying in a LONG time so that's saying something. The only other game in my sights that I know i'm definitely buying this year is Starcraft 2.

OriGin said:
I want this game BAD now... I'm keen as to play through it all, I can see myself missioning my way through the whole game. Unfortunately I can't have it this weekend as it would be the perfect opportunity to get some play time.

I like ALT 2 but the cover this is correct, it's retarded to use the zoom scope while in cover, so basically a useless control style which has everything else correct. I personally dislike pressing the joystick as a button in Standard 1 but that's how I will play. I also hate joystick button when running as well, it's annoying.

Kantor you sound like a rabbid fanboy in a lot of these posts... realise this - not everyone is going to like this game.

To me, I wanted this game to be the first really 'next gen' game that I'd play.

I want everything that I've felt about the game to continue, but invisible walls take me out of the experience and it makes me lose a little bit of the 'feeling' that I had before that.

The AI is incredible though, I don't know how people can say it's not. On the harder difficulties (as long as harder doesn't just = less health for you) I think this game will really shine.

I noticed quite a few times that I would kill a guy near a ledge, and he would 'pop' to the falling off the edge animation, when realistically the impact of my bullet shouldn't have propelled him in that direction - it took me out of the experience again, and again a little disappointing.

Game is good and I have to reserve judgement until I play the whole thing (i know i'm going to love it) but I am a harsh critic and it's not perfect so it'll probably deserve about an 7.5 or 8/10.

First game I plan on buying in a LONG time so that's saying something. The only other game in my sights that I know i'm definitely buying this year is Starcraft 2.

It's easy to tell when somebody genuinely doesn't like a game, and when they are being annoying fanboys.

Genuinely dislikes:

"I played it, and I wasn't very impressed, because of X and Y. A was very good, but I think they could have done B and really improved it. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this game, but I just didn't"

Okay, it doesn't have to be that nice, but it's a far cry from Annoying Fanboy:

"This game sucks! WTF is with all the hype? Haze is better! How could the reviewers give this such high scores, it's only ten minutes long!"

Or something to that effect, with worse grammar and several spelling mistakes.

The invisible walls were annoying, yes. They couldn't put a real wall?

Oh, and also, you only have to click L3 to keep running, not hold it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective